* Manchester City thrashed Huddersfield 6-1 to go joint top of table
* City started with both Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus up front
* Aguero struck on 25, 35 and 75 minutes to complete his 13th hat-trick for City
* David Silva marked 250th Premier League appearance
* with a free kick goal; Jesus also scored
* Jon Stankovic pulled goal back just before interval
* Terence Kongolo conceded own goal to complete the rout on 84 minutes
* City away to Wolves next; Huddersfield home to Cardiff MANCHESTER CITY 6 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1
Aug 19 (Reuters) - Sergio Aguero netted his 13th hat-trick for Manchester City as the champions made light of the absence of the injured Kevin De Bruyne to thrash Huddersfield Town 6-1 and move joint top of the Premier League.
The visitors were never likely to replicate last season’s feat of stopping City scoring at home. After riding their luck for 25 minutes, keeper Ederson found Aguero with a perfect through ball and the Argentine kept his cool to finish cleverly.
Unusually, coach Pep Guardiola opted to start Gabriel Jesus alongside Aguero. The Brazilian also scored after exchanging passes with Benjamin Mendy and firing past Ben Hamer, who then fumbled a cross to gift Aguero his second and City’s third in a blistering 10-minute spell before halftime.
Although Jon Stankovic pulled a goal back before the interval, there was no respite as David Silva marked his 250th Premier League game with a perfect free kick. Aguero flicked home his third on 75 minutes and Terence Kongolo put through his own net late on — the ninth goal Huddersfield have conceded in two games. (Reporting by Neil Robinson Editing by Christian Radnedge)