LONDON, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Timeline of the significant lowpoints this year which led to Manchester United dismissing manager Jose Mourinho:
- 19 May - United lose FA Cup final 1-0 to Chelsea, ending the season without a trophy for first time in three years.
- 19 August - Defeat in second game of new Premier League season 3-2 to Brighton & Hove Albion.
- 27 August - Mourinho sees his side lose 3-0 to Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford, the biggest home defeat of his career. Complains about ‘respect’ to media after the game.
- 22 September - Midfielder Paul Pogba says United should attack more at home after disappointing 1-1 draw with Wolves. Mourinho strips Frenchman of vice-captaincy in growing rift.
- 25 September - United dumped out of the League Cup at home by second-tier Derby County on penalties
- 29 September - 3-1 defeat in the league by West Ham United means United suffer their worst start to a new season in 29 years.
- 8 October - Investigated by FA after allegedly swearing in Portuguese to camera after 3-2 comeback win over Newcastle United.
- 11 November - Comprehensively outplayed and beaten 3-1 by champions Manchester City away.
- 16 December - Another 3-1 defeat, this time by fierce rivals Liverpool which leaves United 19 points behind their league leading opposition.
- 18 December - Mourinho sacked with the club sixth in the Premier League.
Reporting by Christian Radnedge; Editing by Jon Boyle