* Newcastle United and Swansea City drew 1-1 at St James’ Park
* Newcastle missed a string of chances either side of halftime
* Forward Jordan Ayew headed Swansea into a 60th-minute lead
* Substitute Joselu equalised with a sublime finish in the 68th
* Wilfried Bony missed a late chance to clinch it for Swansea
* Newcastle next visit Manchester City, Swansea host Liverpool NEWCASTLE UNITED 1 SWANSEA CITY 1
Jan 13 (Reuters) - Newcastle United stretched their winless home run in the Premier League to seven games and continued to slide towards the relegation zone after missing an array of chances in a 1-1 home draw with bottom team Swansea City on Saturday.
The result left the Magpies, who had made a bright start to the season, in 14th position on 23 points from as many games, only three more than 18th-placed Stoke City who have a game in hand as they visit Manchester United on Monday.
Poor finishing and several fine saves by Lukasz Fabianski kept Newcastle at bay before Jordan Ayew fired the visitors ahead on the hour, heading a Mike van der Hoorn cross past Karl Darlow after the home team’s keeper parried his first attempt.
Substitute Joselu levelled eight minutes later not long after coming on, threading a sublime finish from a tight angle into the far corner through the legs of defender Alfie Mawson and past the wrong-footed Fabianski. (Writing by Zoran Milosavljevic; Editing by Christian Radnedge)