* Newcastle beat West Ham 3-0 for their first win of the season
* Joselu fired Newcastle ahead in his first start for the club
* West Ham failed to muster a shot on target in the first half
* Visiting keeper Joe Hart made several good saves after the break
* Clark headed in Newcastle’s second goal and substitute Mitrovic added the third
* The result gave Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez a 500th Premier League point
* Newcastle next visit Swansea on Sept 10; West Ham at home to Huddersfield on Sept 11 NEWCASTLE UNITED 3 WEST HAM UNITED 0
Aug 26 (Reuters) - Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez reached a milestone of 500 Premier League points after Spanish striker Joselu, defender Ciaran Clark and Aleksandar Mitrovic gave them a 3-0 home win over West Ham United on Saturday.
The Magpies chalked up their first points of the campaign but the result did not make happy reading for the Hammers, who suffered a third defeat in successive opening league games for the first time since the 2010-2011 season, when they were relegated.
Joselu fired Newcastle ahead in his first start for the club with a 36th-minute goal of the highest quality, capping a fine move as Mikel Merino released Christian Atsu and the Ghana winger squared the ball into the heart of the penalty area.
Clark headed in a superb Matt Ritchie cross from the right in the 73rd minute to make it 2-0 and late substitute Mitrovic put the icing on the cake when he rounded West Ham keeper Joe Hart and stroked the ball into an empty net. (Writing by Zoran Milosavljevic; Editing by Neville Dalton)