* Southampton held to 0-0 draw by Burnley
* Jack Cork had effort disallowed in eighth minute
* Burnley well on top in opening half
* Clarets keeper Joe Hart made a series of good saves after break
* Southampton are at Everton on Saturday; Burnley at home to Watford on Sunday
Aug 12 (Reuters)- Southampton were held to a goalless draw at home to Burnley in the Premier League on Sunday with Joe Hart making some key saves on his league debut for the Clarets.
Burnley dominated the first half and thought they had gone ahead in the eighth minute when former Southampton midfielder Jack Cork side-footed home, but the effort was ruled to have been offside.
Saints keeper Alex McCarthy did well to keep out a close-range shot from Aaron Lennon as Burnley pushed for the opening goal but it was a different story after the break.
Southampton looked the more likely to score but England international Hart, who joined Burnley last week from Manchester City, produced some fine saves to frustrate Mark Hughes’s side. (Reporting by Simon Evans Editing by Christian Radnedge)