* Tottenham Hotspur beat Cardiff City 1-0
* Eric Dier gave Spurs the lead after eight minutes
* Cardiff’s Joe Ralls sent off just before the hour mark
* Son Heung-min and Lucas Moura missed good chances to extend Spurs’ lead
* Cardiff drop to the bottom of the Premier League standings
* Spurs travel to West Ham United next on Oct. 20, while Cardiff host Fulham TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 1 CARDIFF CITY 0
LONDON, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Cardiff City’s Premier League woes continued as they had a man sent off in a 1-0 defeat by Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
Eric Dier scored his first league goal since April 2017 after eight minutes when the ball fell to the Englishman to tap in from six yards out.
Both Son Heung-min and Lucas Moura missed good chances to extend Spurs’ lead before halftime.
A spirited Cardiff were reduced to 10 men in the 57th minute when Joe Ralls was sent off for a cynical lunge on the lightning-quick Moura. Spurs failed to add to their tally but saw out their third successive league victory.
Following the international break, Tottenham next travel to West Ham United on Oct. 20, while Cardiff welcome Fulham on the same day. (Reporting by Christian Radnedge Editing by Pritha Sarkar)