* Wolverhampton Wanderers earn 1-0 win over Fulham
* Leander Dendoncker scored the winner in 75th minute for hosts
* Win means Wolves are on verge seventh-placed finish
* Wolves will finish seventh if Leicester City do not win on Monday
* First defeat in four for already relegated Fulham
* Wolves travel to Liverpool next, Fulham host Newcastle United
May 4 (Reuters) - WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 1 FULHAM 0
May 4 (Reuters) - A Leander Dendoncker volley gave Wolverhampton Wanderers a 1-0 victory over Fulham at Molineux on Saturday to put them on the verge of a seventh-placed finish in the Premier League.
The victory takes Wolves four points clear of Everton in eighth in the standings. If ninth-placed Leicester City do not beat Manchester City on Monday night, the top-flight newcomers will be assured of their highest finish in the Premier League era.
Already-relegated Fulham came into the contest having won their last three games, and frustrated their opponents early on.
Dendoncker came closest to scoring in the first half, but saw his header came out off the crossbar.
Wolves improved after the break and Dendoncker’s cushioned volley broke the deadlock with 15 minutes remaining.
A brilliant save from Sergio Rico denied Diogo Jota a second, but Wolves saw out the victory to move a step closer to qualifying for next season’s Europa League. (Reporting by Peter Hall Editing by Christian Radnedge)