LIMA, May 18 (Reuters) - Peru have left Bayern Munich striker Claudio Pizarro out of their squad for next month’s friendlies against Ecuador following his refusal to play against Japan in their last game.
Midfielder Nolberto Solano was also excluded.
Pizarro, who fell out with the Peruvian federation last year, was not among the eight foreign-based players named for the matches in Madrid on June 3 and Barcelona three days later.
The disagreement with Pizarro goes back to a pair of friendlies against Chile in November.
Pizarro missed the second match, saying he had been given permission by the federation to return to Germany.
He became angry after the issue sparked a controversy and then said he would not play again under Franco Navarro, the coach at the time. He was then suspended by the federation.
New coach Julio Cesar Uribe selected Pizarro for the match away to Japan in March, but Pizarro turned down the offer.
Pizarro said he had not been officially told of the ban when it was imposed nor whether it had been lifted.
Newcastle United’s Solano has publicly criticised the Peruvian federation recently, especially over a plan to play their home World Cup qualifiers at high altitude in Cusco.
Ukraine-based Andres Mendoza, who has not played for Peru for more than two years, was included as were strikers Jefferson Farfan and Paolo Guerrero. (Writing by Brian Homewood in Rio de Janeiro)