SEOUL, Feb 1 (Reuters) -
* South Korea’s nuclear regulator said on Friday it has approved the commencing of Shin Kori No. 4 nuclear reactor
* An official at the Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power Co, the nuclear operator, said it aims to start operating the 1,400-megawatt nuclear reactor in September
* The reactor, located near the southeastern city of Busan, is the second South Korea-designed APR-1400 model
* South Korea’s state-run utility Korea Electric Power Corp won a bid to construct four APR-1400 reactors in the UAE in 2009
* South Korea currently runs 24 nuclear reactors which supply about a third of the country’s electricity (Reporting by Wonil Lee; Editing by Rashmi Aich)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.