MELBOURNE, Feb 1 (Reuters) - List of grand slam final encounters between Switzerland's Roger Federer and Spain's Rafael Nadal after Nadal's 7-5 3-6 7-6 3-6 6-2 victory in Melbourne on Sunday.
Nadal leads their overall head-to-heads 13-6 and in grand slam finals Nadal holds a 5-2 advantage
French Open, Roland Garros
Nadal beat Federer 1-6 6-1 6-4 7-6
* The Spaniard came out on top in their first grand slam final meeting, using his superior clay court skills to wear the Swiss down.
Wimbledon, the All England Club
Federer beat Nadal 6-0 7-6 6-7 6-3
* The then world number one exacted revenge for his Roland Garros defeat with a superb performance.
Nadal beat Federer 6-3 4-6 6-3 6-4
* Nadal once again reigns supreme on the clay, his heavy groundstrokes too much for Federer.
Federer beat Nadal 7-6 4-6 7-6 2-6 6-2
* Federer and Nadal go to five sets for the first time in a slam final. Though he is pressed all the way by Nadal, the Swiss master emerges victorious to claim his fifth consecutive Wimbledon title.
Nadal beat Federer 6-1 6-3 6-0
* Claycourt genius Nadal blows Federer away to hand the Swiss his heaviest grand-slam defeat.
Nadal beat Federer 6-4 6-4 6-7 6-7 9-7
* The unthinkable happens. Federer's 40-match unbeaten streak on the hallowed turf is ended by Nadal in a match described by pundits as the greatest ever.
Australian Open, Melbourne Park
Nadal beats Federer 7-5 3-6 7-6 3-6 6-2
* Federer's pursuit of Pete Sampras' grand-slam victories record (14) is put on hold as the super-fit Nadal refuses to wilt in another classic encounter between the duo.
- - - -
(Compiled by Tom Pilcher; Editing by Pritha Sarkar)