BANGKOK, Aug 1 (Reuters) -
* Thailand’s annual headline consumer price index (CPI) rose 0.98% in July from a year earlier, slightly lower than a Reuters poll forecast of a 1% increase, and June’s 0.87% rise, commerce ministry data showed on Thursday.
* July headline inflation was below the central bank’s 1%-4% target range for a second straight month.
* The annual core inflation rate was 0.41% in July, compared with a forecast of 0.5%, and June’s 0.48%.
* In January-July period, headline inflation was 0.92% and core inflation was 0.55%.
* The Bank of Thailand (BOT) has forecast headline inflation of 1% for 2019.
* The BOT has left its policy interest rate unchanged at 1.75% since hiking it in December for the first time since 2011. It will next review the monetary policy on Aug. 7. (Reporting by Kitiphong Thaichareon Writing Orathai Sriring; editing by Gopakumar Warrier)