for-phone-onlyfor-tablet-portrait-upfor-tablet-landscape-upfor-desktop-upfor-wide-desktop-up
World News

Nagorno-Karabakh says 17 more servicemen killed in fighting with Azerbaijan - Ifax

FILE PHOTO: Unexploded cluster bomblets collected after recent shelling during the military conflict over the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh are seen on the outskirts of Stepanakert October 12, 2020. REUTERS/Stringer

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Ethnic Armenian officials in Nagorno-Karabakh said 17 more servicemen had been killed in fighting with Azerbaijan, bringing its total military death toll to 542 since fighting broke out on Sept. 27, Russia’s Interfax news agency reported on Tuesday.

The fighting has surged to its worst level since the 1990s, when some 30,000 people were killed.

Reporting by Alexander Marrow and Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Andrew Heavens

for-phone-onlyfor-tablet-portrait-upfor-tablet-landscape-upfor-desktop-upfor-wide-desktop-up