for-phone-onlyfor-tablet-portrait-upfor-tablet-landscape-upfor-desktop-upfor-wide-desktop-up
World News

Nagorno-Karabakh region says 26 more troops killed in fighting with Azeri forces

A still image from a video released by the Azerbaijan's Defence Ministry shows members of Azeri armed forces firing artillery during clashes between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh in an unidentified location, in this still image from footage released September 28, 2020. Defence Ministry of Azerbaijan/Handout via REUTERS

YEREVAN (Reuters) - The Nagorno-Karabakh breakaway region said on Monday that at least 26 more of its servicemen had been killed in fighting with Azerbaijan’s forces.

Fighting escalated sharply on Monday between Azerbaijan and its ethnic Armenian mountain enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh, as the two sides pounded each other with rockets and artillery in the fiercest round of the decades-old conflict in more than a quarter of a century.

Reporting by Nvard Hovhannisyan; Writing by Andrey Ostroukh; Editing by Sandra Maler

for-phone-onlyfor-tablet-portrait-upfor-tablet-landscape-upfor-desktop-upfor-wide-desktop-up