July 5, 2018 / 4:49 PM / 4 months ago

UK police say Wiltshire pair were poisoned after handling 'contaminated item'

LONDON (Reuters) - British police said on Thursday a man and a woman who are critically ill after being poisoned with the Novichok nerve agent in southern England had been exposed to the toxin after handling a contaminated item.

“Following further tests of samples from the patients, we now know that they were exposed to the nerve agent after handling a contaminated item,” London police said in a statement.

“Detectives are working as quickly and as diligently as possible to identify the source of the contamination.”

Reporting by Michael Holden; editing by Stephen Addison

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below