ROME (Reuters) - The Italian government’s latest measures to try to curb its coronavirus epidemic will come into force from Friday instead of Thursday as previously announced, the prime minister’s office said.
The delay “will allow everyone to have enough time to organise their activities,” the statement said.
The measures, to be illustrated by Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte at a news conference later on Wednesday, include dividing the country into red (high risk), orange (medium risk) and green (low risk) zones.
Reporting By Gavin Jones
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.