(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 12:30 p.m. British time on Thursday:
* denotes new or updated item.
* BAGHDAD - Two U.S. soldiers were killed and six wounded in combat north of Baghdad on Wednesday, the U.S. military said.
* BAGHDAD - The U.S. military said it had killed 13 suspected insurgents and detained 16 others during operations against al-Qaeda bombing networks in Baghdad, Samarra and Muqdadiya on Wednesday and Thursday.
* BAGHDAD - Five civilians were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near a U.S. patrol in the eastern Zayouna district of Baghdad, police said.
* KIRKUK - Four policemen were wounded by a roadside bomb in southern Kirkuk, police said. Another two policemen were wounded by a second roadside bomb in central Kirkuk.
BALAD - U.S. forces killed six insurgents it said were linked to al Qaeda and detained 26 others during coordinated operations east of Balad in the past week, the U.S. military said.
DIWANIYA - Gunmen killed Sheikh Nadhim al-Bdairi, a Fadhila Party official in Diwaniya, 180 km (110 miles) south of Baghdad, in a drive-by shooting on Wednesday, police said.
BAGHDAD - Three people were wounded by a roadside bomb near al-Zewraa Park in west central Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Nine people were killed and 17 wounded by a car bomb near al-Russafi Square in central Baghdad, police said. At least 15 cars were set ablaze.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of 15 people were found shot in different districts of Baghdad on Wednesday, police said.
KIRKUK - Two people were killed and 33 wounded by two car bombs in a crowded market in a Kurdish area of the northern city of Kirkuk on Wednesday, police Brigadier-General Sarhet Qadir said. Police had originally put the death toll at five.