(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2:30 p.m. British Time on Tuesday.
* Denotes new or updated item.
* WIHDA - Gunmen killed a businessman and his son in the town of Wihda, just south of Baghdad, police said. The gunmen stole a large sum of money the two were carrying.
* SUWAYRA - Gunmen killed primary school teacher Alaa al-Zubaidi in a drive-by shooting in the town of Suwayra, 60 km (35 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
KHALIS - Suicide bomber killed a woman, a child, two other civilians and two policemen when he detonated his explosives outside a police station in the town of Khalis, 80 km (50 miles) north of Baghdad. Police said 10 people were wounded.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded five people, including three policemen, when it blew up near government offices issuing passports in eastern Baghdad’s Zayouna district, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb killed two people and wounded four in southern Baghdad, police said.
MADAEN - A roadside bomb targeting a police patrol killed one policeman and wounded five in Madaen, about 45 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
RIYADH - A mortar round killed one civilian and wounded another on Monday in the town of Riyadh, 60 km (40 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, police said.
HILLA - Gunmen killed one person and wounded a policeman in the city of Hilla, 100 km (62 miles) south of Baghdad, police said. Gunmen had targeted a small group of policemen.
ABBASI - One militant killed and one policeman wounded in clashes between insurgents and Iraqi police in the town of Abbasi, 70 km (45 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded three civilians when it exploded near a U.S. military patrol in northern Baghdad’s Shaab district, police said. It was not clear whether there were any U.S. casualties in the attack.
* BAGHDAD - The Iraqi army killed seven gunmen and arrested 40 others in different parts of Iraq in the last 24 hours, Iraq’s Defence Ministry said.
* NEAR KIRKUK - Two burnt bodies were found just outside Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
HAMZA AL-GHARBI - A roadside bomb targeting a bus wounded one person on Monday in the small town of Hamza al-Gharbi, near the city of Hilla, police said.
BABEL PROVINCE - Iraqi interior ministry commandos said they captured the local head of al Qaeda in Iraq operating in northern Babel’s “Triangle of Death” area, police said.
BAGHDAD - Eleven bodies were found in different districts of Baghdad on Monday, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen kidnapped Hisham al-Qazaz, the head of Ibn Sina hospital on Monday in Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - Two bodies, including one of an officer in the former Iraqi army, were found in Mosul on Monday, police said.