July 2, 2019 / 1:19 PM / 3 months ago

Italy ministry report says revoking Atlantia concession possible but risky

FILE PHOTO: General view of Morandi Bridge, before controlled explosions will demolish two of its pylons almost one year since a section of the viaduct collapsed killing 43 people, in Genoa, Italy June 28, 2019. REUTERS/Massimo Pinca

ROME (Reuters) - Experts appointed by the Italian transport ministry say it could be advisable for the government to find a political solution to a dispute with infrastructure group Atlantia (ATL.MI) over a motorway concession, a draft report seen by Reuters showed.

The draft report said that re-negotiating Atlantia’s concession would present fewer risks for the ruling coalition than the option of unilateral revocation.

But the report acknowledged the ministry had the power to unilaterally revoke the motorway concession.

Atlantia is under pressure from the government after a motorway bridge it operated collapsed last year, killing 43 people.

Reporting by Giuseppe Fonte; writing by Francesca Landini

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below