November 28, 2019 / 12:21 PM / 12 days ago

Italy can't give timing for decision on Atlantia's motorway concession - minister

FILE PHOTO: Paola De Micheli arrives at Quirinale Presidential Palace, before being sworn in as Italy's transport minister, in Rome, Italy September 5, 2019. REUTERS/Ciro de Luca/File Photo

FLORENCE (Reuters) - Italy’s transport minister said on Thursday the government was not in a position to say when it would decide over the possible revocation of Atlantia’s (ATL.MI) motorway concession.

“Today I am not in a position to give you a date,” Transport Minister Paola De Micheli told reporters on the sidelines of an event in Florence, adding the issue was not a political one.

“Defending the public interest is our lodestar”, she added.

Since the deadly collapse of a motorway bridge operated by Atlantia last year, Italy’s 5-Star Movement has been asking for the revocation of the infrastructure group’s concession.

Reporting by Silvia Ognibene, writing by Sabina Suzzi, edited by Francesca Landini

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below