MOSCOW (Reuters) - The U.S. envoy for North Korea said on Monday no timetable had been set for talks on nuclear disarmament with the isolated state to resume.
North Korea, which walked away from international talks a year ago, hinted last week it could end its boycott of the six-party negotiations.
“As to timelines, there are no timelines,” said Stephen Bosworth, speaking in Moscow after a trip to North Korea and other Asian powers.
“I would only say that we and our partners in this process, we very much want to resume this work as soon as possible. We are prepared to do that and I know that other countries are as well,” he told reporters.
Reporting by Dmitry Solovyov, writing by Guy Faulconbridge