(Reuters) - Factbox on Brazil playmaker Kaka, FIFA’s World Player of the Year.
Born: April 22, 1982 in Brasilia, Brazil
* Makes an immediate impact for Sao Paulo, scoring 12 goals in 27 appearances in the 2001 season.
* Plays only 18 minutes in the 2002 World Cup won by Brazil.
* Moves to AC Milan in 2003 and makes his debut on September 1 in a 2-0 win over Ancona. He goes on to score 10 league goals and four Champions League goals in his first season and then spurs Milan to the Serie A title in 2004.
* Helps Brazil to the quarter-finals of the World Cup in 2006 during which he signs a contract extension with Milan which is due to keep him at the San Siro until 2011.
* Real Madrid make their interest well-known following the World Cup and Kaka firmly establishes himself as one of the best players in the world as he inspires Milan to their seventh European Cup title in 2007.
* Wins 2007 FIFPro World Player of the Year honour and 2007 Ballon d’Or award.
* Beats Barcelona’s Argentine forward Lionel Messi and Manchester United’s Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo to FIFA’s World Player of the Year award.
Compiled by Mark Meadows, editing by Pritha Sarkar