(Reuters) - Denmark play France in a Group C game at the World Cup on Tuesday.
Where: Luzhniki stadium
When: Tuesday, June 26, 1700 local (1400 GMT/10 AM ET)
Referee: To be announced
- France have qualified for the next round
- They will top the group if they avoid defeat
- Denmark need a draw to advance and a win to top the group
- Denmark could go through with a defeat, but they would go out if they lose and Australia beat Peru and the Danes end up with a worse goal difference or more bookings
- France have won their last seven games against Denmark, scoring 14 goals and conceding two
- Les Bleus have now reached the knockout stage of a major tournament for the fourth time in a row
- France’s best result at a World Cup came in 1998 when they won the title on home soil
- Denmark’s best result at a World Cup was also in 1998, when they reached the quarter-finals, where they were beaten by eventual runners-up Brazil.
France beat Denmark nine times in 14 meetings, for one draw and four defeats.
They met twice at a World Cup, each team winning one game.
Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Hugh Lawson