Reuters logo
France was unaware of existence of Barcelona attack cell - minister
August 22, 2017 / 7:01 AM / 4 months ago

France was unaware of existence of Barcelona attack cell - minister

PARIS (Reuters) - French authorities were unaware of the existence of the cell which carried out last week’s attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils, said interior minister Gerard Collomb.

FILE PHOTO - French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb attends a news conference in Paris, France, July 12, 2017. REUTERS/Philippe Wojazer

“We did not know them, they were exclusively Spanish,” Collomb told BFM TV on Tuesday, adding that he would meet his Spanish counterpart on Wednesday.

Collomb confirmed earlier media reports that the car involved in the attack in Cambrils had been caught on camera speeding in the Paris region, but said authorities did not know at this stage why the car was there.

Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta; Editing by Richard Lough

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below