August 21, 2018 / 11:31 PM / a month ago

No reports of deaths, major damage in Venezuela quake-hit Sucre state – governor

CARACAS (Reuters) - The governor of Venezuela’s Sucre state, which is the closest to the offshore epicentre of the major 7.3 quake that struck on Tuesday, said that so far there were no reports of deaths or major damage due to the tremor.

People walk near debris after an earthquake struck the northern coast of Venezuela, in Caracas, Venezuela August 21, 2018. REUTERS/Carlos Garcia Rawlins

Socialist Party governor Edwin Rojas told state television that the situation was calm in the eastern coastal state.

Reporting by Caracas newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below