Reuters logo
Hair-raising experience for bald Aussie's pet cat
August 13, 2008 / 4:27 AM / 9 years ago

Hair-raising experience for bald Aussie's pet cat

CANBERRA (Reuters Life!) - An Australian pet cat that almost died of heart failure after licking its near-bald owner’s head prompted a warning on Wednesday from veterinarians about the danger to animals of human hair growth products.

Luna, an 11-year-old domestic cat, was left gasping for her life after playfully licking the head of her owner who had used a popular hair regrowth product containing an ingredient called Minoxidil the day before.

“Just be aware this is potentially toxic to cats, as well as dogs,” Sydney vet Ken Cockwill, who saved Luna, told the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper.

Reporting by Rob Taylor, editing by Miral Fahmy

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below