JOHANNESBURG German investment house ATON raised its takeover offer for Murray & Roberts by about 13 percent to $426 million on Friday, attempting to secure investor backing after the South African builder struck a deal of its own last week.
WARSAW Polish media and telecoms group Cyfrowy Polsat said late Thursday it agreed to buy a controlling stake in sports content producer and distributor Eleven Sports Network Sp.z o.o. (ESN) for 38 million euros ($44.48 million).
ZURICH A consortium led by Swiss asset manager Partners Group Holding will buy Techem from Macquarie in a deal that values the German metering company at an enterprise value of 4.6 billion euros ($5.4 billion), Partners Group said on Friday.
STOCKHOLM Telecom group Telia confirmed it is in talks to buy Bonnier's broadcasting business, seeking to add TV content in a deal which a media report said could be worth 10-12 billion crowns ($1.2-$1.4 billion).
ST PETERSBURG Italian oil major Eni is working on a joint bid for Terra Firma's solar assets in Italy with Qatar Petroleum, Eni CEO Claudio Descalzi told Reuters on the sidelines of the St Petersburg Forum on Friday.
Canada has blocked a proposed C$1.51 billion ($1.18 billion) takeover of construction company Aecon by a Chinese state builder on national security grounds, underscoring rising wariness of Chinese firms buying up assets in Western countries.
Varsity Brands Inc is exploring a sale that could value the U.S. company behind yearbook and class ring maker Herff Jones and cheerleading uniforms label Varsity Spirit at over $2.5 billion, including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
IN SALAH, Algeria Algerian state energy firm Sonatrach is seeking cooperation with Exxon Mobil Corp on shale gas "and more", Sonatrach's chief executive said on Thursday.
DUBLIN Ryanair has never made an approach for Norwegian Air and does not intend to, the Irish airline said on Thursday, disputing claims made by the chief executive of its rival budget carrier.
- Finance: Online lending platform GreenSky edges higher on market debut
- Technology: Comcast prepares to top Disney's $50 billion offer for Fox
- Healthcare: India's Fortis investors oust fourth director
- Consumer: Russia's VTB sells part of stake in retail chain Magnit for $1 billion
- Energy: OMV looking to buy Gazprom's Siberian assets instead of swapping: sources
- Industrials: Exclusive: Saudi Binladin Group to be slimmed down, renamed: sources
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Partners Group consortium to buy Techem in $5.4 bln deal
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 4-EU agrees new capital rules, large banks secure easier terms
- IPOs: Britain's Capita raises 681 mln pounds to pay down debt
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-ATON raises bid for South Africa's Murray & Roberts, ups stake to 44 pct
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Hedge funds trapped in near-term Brent futures
- Regulatory: FOCUS-Aperitif, anyone? Spirits firms chase cocktail for growth