Comcast Corp dropped its $66 billion bid for Twenty-First Century Fox Inc's entertainment assets on Thursday but said it would still try to expand its international footprint by acquiring 61 percent of European broadcaster Sky Plc , the remainder of which is owned by Fox. | Video
WASHINGTON Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc "did not fully disclose facts" about aspects of its $3.9 billion acquisition of Tribune Media , the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said in an order released on Thursday that referred the issue to an administrative law judge for a hearing.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Justice Department has proposed an expedited schedule for an appeal of a judge's ruling that allowed AT&T Inc to buy movie and TV show maker Time Warner, according to a court filing on Wednesday.
SAN FRANCISCO Denver-based computer coding training school Galvanize is to acquire competitor Hack Reactor in a deal that brings together two of the largest privately held coding boot camps, the two companies told Reuters.
TORONTO Private equity-backed Canadian medical marijuana company Tilray Inc rose more than 35 percent in its U.S. trading debut on Thursday after raising about $153 million in an initial public offering that was priced above the marketing range, indicating strong investor appetite.
SAO PAULO Three distressed asset funds have sued for the right to participate in a 4 billion reais ($1 billion) capital increase for Brazilian telecom Oi SA as part of its in-court restructuring, four sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters this week.
DUBAI Saudi Aramco said on Thursday it is looking to buy a strategic stake in Saudi petrochemical maker SABIC , a move that could boost the state oil giant's market valuation ahead of a planned initial public offering.
ASMARA Ethiopian Airlines is in talks to take a stake in Eritrean Airlines and a study will be conducted to determine the size of the acquisition, the Ethiopian carrier's chief executive said in an interview on Thursday.
BERLIN Innogy said it has reached two legally binding agreements with E.ON and RWE for a fair integration process and supported its planned break-up, clearing the way for the complex deal to progress.
TOKYO Japan's Asahi Kasei Corp said on Thursday it would buy U.S. car interior maker Sage Automotive Interiors for $1.06 bln, including debt.
- Finance: John Laing Infrastructure in talks with funds for possible $1.9 billion buyout offer
- Technology: Comcast scraps Fox bid amid takeover battle with Disney
- Healthcare: Australia's Sirtex clears U.S. regulatory hurdle for Chinese buyout
- Consumer: Alibaba to buy minority stake in Focus Media to tap digital marketing
- Energy: Saudi Aramco in talks with sovereign wealth fund PIF to buy SABIC stake
- Industrials: Brazil investor questions Suzano-Fibria pulpmaker deal: report
- M&A: EU mergers and takeovers (July 19)
- Bankruptcy: PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - July 19
- IPOs: Oman’s Sohar Aluminium to meet banks to discuss financing -sources
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Blackstone seeks to boost assets with new fundraising 'super cycle'
- Hedge Funds: Three top staff leave macro hedge fund MarkhamRae after assets plunge
- Regulatory: Strike looms after breakdown in talks at Chile´s Caserones copper mine