WASHINGTON An easing of financial rules will soon unleash pent-up mergers and acquisitions among mid-sized U.S. banks, according to deal bankers, analysts and bank executives.
Cheerios cereal maker General Mills Inc will buy Blue Buffalo Pet Products Inc for nearly $8 billion, foraying into a fast-growing pet food market to counter declining sales of processed foods.
FRANKFURT German premium carmaker BMW and China's Great Wall Motor Co have signed a letter of intent to jointly produce electric Mini vehicles in China, BMW said on Friday.
ZURICH LafargeHolcim has bought Kendall Group, an aggregates and ready mix concrete maker in southern Britain, in the first acquisition by the Swiss company's Chief Executive Jan Jenisch since he took charge last September.
FRANKFURT/LONDON/AMSTERDAM NIBC Holding NV, the Hague-based bank, will announce as soon as Monday its intention to launch an initial public offering on Euronext in Amsterdam, banking sources said.
LONDON Two leading investors in British wholesaler Booker are backing a takeover by retail giant Tesco , despite a late push by an activist hedge fund and shareholder advisers to secure better terms.
LONDON Britain's Metro Bank will acquire a 523 million pound ($731 million) mortgage portfolio from two companies controlled by U.S. private equity firm Cerberus, the bank said on Friday.
OSLO Schlumberger , the world's largest oilfield services firm, and smaller peer Subsea 7 said on Friday they were entering exclusive talks to form a joint venture to deliver subsea installations and services for oilfields.
HONG KONG Tencent Holdings and JD.com will pay $140 million and $117 million respectively for minority stakes in a Chinese retail chain as China's tech giants extend their battles in the retail space.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Federal Trade Commission said on Friday it would challenge in court the Norwegian company Wilhelmsen Maritime Services' plan to buy smaller U.S. rival Drew Marine Group.
- Finance: Britain's Standard Life Aberdeen sells insurance unit to Phoenix
- Technology: SpringerNature hurries 7 billion euro Frankfurt listing: sources
- Healthcare: Brookdale Senior Living says rejects buyout offer
- Consumer: German battery maker Akasol eyes options including flotation: sources
- Energy: Exclusive: EWE stake sale to attract interest from Macquarie, Shell - sources
- Industrials: Wieland says Aurubis deal will be neutral for copper premiums
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Metro Bank buys $731 mln mortgage portfolio from Cerberus
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-NZ High Court places CBL Insurance in interim liquidation
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Hong Kong to ease rules for secondary listing of US, UK-listed firms
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Trump calls meeting on biofuels policy blamed by bankrupt refiner
- Hedge Funds: Bridgewater’s bet against Europe shines light on patchy short-selling rules
- Regulatory: Symantec halts NRA discounts for identity theft product