Cisco Systems Inc will buy software company BroadSoft Inc for $1.71 billion, it said on Monday, in a deal that boosts Cisco's collaboration tools and helps the company diversify its offerings away from switching and routing.
AT&T Inc said on Monday it had extended by a "short period" the deadline to close its proposed deal to acquire Time Warner Inc , to buy time to get the required regulatory approvals for the deal.
SINGAPORE Struggling commodities trader Noble Group agreed to sell its Americas-focused oil trading business to Vitol for about $580 million as part of a debt-cutting strategy, and warned of a big loss for its third quarter.
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc said on Monday it would buy health insurer Aetna Inc's U.S. group life and disability business for $1.45 billion cash in a move that will expand its insurance portfolio and spur its digital technology plans.
Last year's failed $10 billion bid for KLA-Tencor Corp likely marks the end of efforts at any major acquisitions by Lam Research Corp and other booming producers of equipment for chipmakers, Lam's chief financial officer has told Reuters.
HONG KONG/SHANGHAI Blackstone , KKR and some Chinese investors are among potential bidders shortlisted by Link Real Estate Investment Trust to buy some of its Hong Kong retail assets valued at about $2 billion, three sources said.
FRANKFURT Industrial gases group Linde has cut the approval threshold and extended a deadline for accepting its $80 billion tie-up with Praxair , while pushing on with plans to get a green light from regulators.
SINGAPORE/PARIS French gas utility Engie is in discussions with Total and other unnamed companies as it reviews parts of its liquefied natural gas (LNG) businesses, it said on Monday, raising the prospect of a possible sale.
U.S. forest products company Potlatch Corp confirmed on Monday it would buy smaller peer Deltic Timber Corp in an all-stock deal that will boost its lumber capacity.
Britain's Spire Healthcare has rejected a full takeover offer from South African private hospitals operator Mediclinic International , which already owns nearly 30 percent of its stock, sending its shares up 12 percent.
- Finance: Potlatch nears all-stock acquisition of Deltic Timber: sources
- Technology: British masts group Arqiva broadcasts $2 billion IPO plan
- Healthcare: Mediclinic approaches Spire about takeover: source
- Consumer: Armani plans transfer of stake in fashion firm to his foundation
- Energy: Russia's En+ sets price range for flotation set to raise $1.5 billion
- Industrials: Engie seeks better offers for Australian coal-fired power plant: bidder
- M&A: UPDATE 2-London mayor joins business demands for Brexit transition deal
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 4-Toys'R'Us collapse to hit Hasbro holiday sales
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Ghana to open bids for energy bonds worth 6 bln cedis ($1.36 bln)
- Private Capital: EU mergers and takeovers (Oct 23)
- Hedge Funds: Cryptocurrency hedge funds top 100 for first time
- Regulatory: UPDATE 4-Arconic taps veteran GE exec as CEO, Elliott pleased with choice