Procter & Gamble Co (P&G) has agreed to acquire Merck KGaA's consumer health unit for 3.4 billion euros ($4.2 billion), giving it vitamin brands such as Seven Seas and greater exposure to Latin American and Asian markets.
LONDON/NEW YORK Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical is in negotiations with Shire after making a third takeover bid worth around $61 billion that was rejected by the London-listed rare diseases drugmaker.
SEOUL General Motors has said its loss-making South Korean operation would file for bankruptcy if its union failed to agree to cut labor costs by Friday, heaping pressure on workers and the South Korean government to approve a rescue plan.
BEIJING U.S. chipmaker Qualcomm will have to do more to complete its proposed takeover of NXP Semiconductors , a commerce ministry spokesman said on Thursday.
MADRID Spain's Codorniu, a maker of cava sparkling wine, said on Thursday they had rejected a takeover bid by U.S. fund The Carlyle Group, confirming a report in newspaper La Vanguardia, but added they were open to an approach by a potential minority partner.
WASHINGTON Time Warner Chief Executive Jeff Bewkes on Wednesday defended his company's planned merger with telecoms firm AT&T as necessary to compete effectively for advertising with internet giants like Google and Facebook.
Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc , which agreed in December to sell most of its assets to Walt Disney Co for $52.4 billion, had previously rejected a bid from Comcast Corp over concerns about the regulatory risks and its stock value, a regulatory filing on Wednesday showed.
PARIS French media group Vivendi has started to review the possibility of listing its wholly-owned music division, Chief Executive Officer Arnaud de Puyfontaine said on Thursday.
MILAN China's competition authorities may ask for minor restrictions before clearing a merger between Italian eyewear group Luxottica and French lens manufacturer Essilor, Luxottica chairman said.
Indian hospital operator Fortis Healthcare will set up an advisory committee to evaluate takeover proposals, it said on Thursday, as suitors hover around the cash-strapped company.
- Finance: Generali to sell Belgium business for 540 million euros
- Technology: Qualcomm to refile China application to get NXP deal cleared
- Healthcare: Exclusive: EU to fine Altice for jumping gun on PT Portugal deal - source
- Consumer: As Bon-Ton liquidates, U.S. department stores vie for its shoppers
- Energy: Brazil's Petrobras to sell stakes in some refineries, keep others
- Industrials: UK's Weir to buy U.S. mining tools maker ESCO for $1.05 billion
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Takeda in talks with Shire after $61 bln bid rejected
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-B. Riley Financial’s Great American, Tiger Capital, Indenture Trustee For Second-Lien Noteholders To Buy Rights To Bon-Ton Stores’ Assets For
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Britain's FCA sends 'Dear CEO' letter to preference share issuers
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Emboline Says It Has Completed A Series B Funding Round Totaling Over $10 Mln
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Clock ticking on speculators' bearish dollar, U.S. yield bets
- Regulatory: CANADA STOCKS-TSX little changed as telecom, financials offset oil rally's boost