Sempra Energy said it will buy Oncor for $9.45 billion in cash after Energy Future Holdings Corp, which indirectly owns Oncor, abandoned a deal to sell the power transmission company to Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
PARIS/COPENHAGEN Total is buying Maersk's oil and gas business in a $7.45 billion deal which the French energy major said would strengthen its operations in the North Sea and boost earnings and cash flow.
SHANGHAI/BEIJING China's Great Wall Motor Co Ltd is interested in bidding for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), a company official said on Monday, confirming reports it is pursuing all or part of the owner of the Jeep and Ram truck brands.
FRANKFURT AstraZeneca has stepped up its investment in messenger RNA drugs, a promising approach in genetic therapy, by spending more than 25 million euros ($29 million) on a research alliance with German biotech start-up Ethris.
MUMBAI Russian oil major Rosneft, oil trader Trafigura and Russian fund UCP closed their $12.9 billion purchase of Indian refiner Essar Oil on Monday, giving the companies a foothold in a country that is among the world's fastest growing oil users.
BERLIN Lufthansa has received more German government support in its bid to take over substantial assets of insolvent rival Air Berlin , with German Economy Minister Brigitte Zypries saying she would welcome such a move.
FRANKFURT The leadership of German industrial gases group Linde on Monday urged shareholders to accept a proposed $74 billion merger with U.S. peer Praxair .
ZURICH Swiss bank Vontobel has agreed to buy a roughly 2 billion Swiss franc ($2.1 billion) portfolio of eastern European private banking clients from Notenstein La Roche Private Bank Ltd, it said on Monday.
HONG KONG Chinese conglomerate HNA Group has completed the acquisition of a 16.2 percent stake in Swiss airport retailer Dufry AG from Singaporean sovereign funds GIC and Temasek, Dufry and HNA said on Monday.
HONG KONG China Unicom's $11.7 billion ownership reform plan does not violate rules, the nation's securities regulator said, helping shares in the telecom group's units surge as they resumed trade on Monday after speculation that the deal was under scrutiny.
- Finance: China Poly Group to merge with Sinolight, China National Arts and Crafts Group
- Technology: Suitors desert Australia's Vocus; shares plunge
- Healthcare: Stada says no larger deals on cards over next 2-3 years
- Consumer: Factbox: Fiat Chrysler's Chinese suitor, Great Wall
- Energy: Total set to raise cost savings target after Maersk Oil deal
- Industrials: Germany has no preferred bidder for Air Berlin assets: Economy Ministry
- M&A: Germany has no preferred bidder for Air Berlin assets- econmin
- Bankruptcy: Germany has no preferred bidder for Air Berlin assets- econmin
- IPOs: UPDATE 4-Hedge fund Elliott ups stakes at BHP by crossing threshold
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Turkish discount retailer Sok plans 2018 IPO -sources
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Kairos announces private placement