Wal-Mart Stores Inc is not actively considering making an offer for Whole Foods Market Inc, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Friday.
Debt-laden U.S. outerwear and outdoor gear retailer Eddie Bauer LLC has hired investment banks to explore strategic alternatives, including a potential sale of the company, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
If Amazon.com Inc hopes to revolutionize grocery delivery, then its bid to buy Whole Foods Market Inc for $13.7 billion will be just the start of a long and costly process. | Video
FRANKFURT U.S. missile maker Raytheon's cybersecurity unit could thrive were it to be listed separately, the head of the unit, Forcepoint, told German business daily Boersenzeitung in an interview published on Saturday.
FRANKFURT Lufthansa sees no limit to the number of planes and crews it could lease from Air Berlin , its chief executive told German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, amid criticism that support for its ailing rival is a stealth takeover attempt.
FRANKFURT Swedish buyout group EQT has agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH, valuing the German artificial limb maker at 3.15 billion euros ($3.52 billion), the two parties said on Saturday.
TORONTO Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has completed the $5 billion acquisition of Chicago-based PrivateBancorp , which will help it diversify from its domestic market, it said on Friday.
Miner and trader Glencore on Friday hit back with an increased offer of $2.675 billion in cash to buy Australian coal assets from Rio Tinto that earlier this week said it was favoring a Chinese bid.
MUMBAI Creditor banks to India's Essar Oil approved the acquisition of the company by a group including Russia's Rosneft, two sources familiar with the matter said, removing a key hurdle to the $12.9 billion deal that has been in the works for two years.
FRANKFURT Buyout groups Bain Capital and Cinven must wait over the weekend to see whether their takeover bid for the German generic drugmaker Stada has been successful, two sources familiar with the situation said.
- Finance: Allianz sells private bank OLB to Apollo for 300 million euros
- Technology: U.S. to seek to block DraftKings, FanDuel fantasy sports merger
- Healthcare: GSK's new CEO aims to divest sports nutrition brand: sources
- Consumer: Kroton confident Brazil will approve Estacio deal, source says
- Energy: Petrobras resumes talks with Sete Brasil over vessel contracts
- Industrials: Austal USA wins $584.2 million U.S. defense contract: Pentagon
- M&A: Lufthansa wants to help, not take over, Air Berlin -Bild
- Bankruptcy: Abu Dhabi's Mubadala has pulled out of Etisalat Nigeria -cenbank
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Ireland raises 3 bln euros from 'milestone' AIB sale
- Private Capital: Verde sees value in some Brazil debt
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory: Internal dossier criticises Audi top management -Bild