SAN FRANSICO Apple Inc on Monday confirmed it had reached a deal to acquire Shazam Entertainment Ltd, the U.K.-based app that lets users identify songs by pointing a smart phone at the audio source.
NEW YORK Verizon Communications Inc will pay around $2.25 billion for a five-year partnership with the National Football League that allows users to stream games on its Yahoo and go90 platforms as well as on mobile devices, a source told Reuters on Monday. | Video
ZURICH Zurich Insurance has agreed to buy ANZ's OnePath Life insurance businesses for 2.85 billion Australian dollars ($2.14 billion), the latest and largest foray by the Swiss company into the Australian market.
HONG KONG Chinese tech giant Tencent Holding Ltd plans to buy a 5 percent stake in Yonghui Superstores , the department store operator said on Monday.
Activist investor Elliott Management Corp said on Monday NXP Semiconductors NV is worth about 23 percent more than Qualcomm Inc's $38-billion offer to buy the chipmaker.
TOKYO A Hong Kong-based activist investor in Toshiba Corp has told the embattled conglomerate that the $18 billion sale of its chip unit to a Bain Capital-led group is no longer necessary after its recent capital injection, according to a letter seen by Reuters.
Gorilla Glass maker Corning Inc said on Monday it would buy substantially all of 3M Co's communication markets business for about $900 million in cash.
MADRID/FRANKFURT Belgium-based chemicals distribution group Azelis is considering a 2018 stock market listing as its private equity owner seeks to benefit from high sector valuations, sources close to the matter said.
U.S. auto parts retailer LKQ Corp said on Monday it would buy German peer Stahlgruber for about 1.5 billion euros ($1.8 billion), including debt, to consolidate its dominant position in the European market.
JOHANNESBURG Canada's Fairfax Africa Investments Proprietary Ltd will not proceed with a plan to buy 23 percent of cement producer PPC for 2 billion rand ($146.34 million), the South African company said on Monday.
- Finance: Adyen executive says currently no plans for 2018 IPO
- Technology: Apple in talks to acquire music identification app Shazam: source
- Healthcare: Hospital operators in merger talks to form U.S. industry leader: WSJ
- Consumer: Thai Beverage unit to bid for at least 25 percent of Vietnam's Sabeco
- Energy: Israel Chemicals sells stake in desalination firm IDE for $167 million
- Industrials: Canadian Solar CEO offers to take company private
- M&A: Chemicals distribution group Azelis considers 2018 IPO -sources
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Vistal Gdynia Unit Reaches Agreement With PKO BP
- IPOs: Chemicals distribution group Azelis considers 2018 IPO -sources
- Private Capital: BRIEF-T. Rowe Price Associates Reports 11.7 Pct Passive Stake In Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- Hedge Funds: Whitbread jumps after hedge fund Sachem Head declares stake
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Verizon Awards 5G Contract To Ericsson