PARIS Farfetch priced its shares above its targeted range on Friday in a New York flotation that values the online luxury retailer at over $5.8 billion and underscores how big a bet web sales have become for high-end brands.
WASHINGTON AT&T Inc on Thursday asked a federal appeals court to reject the Justice Department's challenge to its acquisition of Time Warner, saying the government had offered no basis for second guessing key conclusions of a ruling upholding the transaction.
LONDON A protracted $34 billion bidding war for European broadcaster Sky between U.S. rivals Comcast and Twenty-First Century Fox is likely to be settled by a quick-fire auction on Saturday.
LONDON Luxury British carmaker maker Aston Martin is seeking a price tag of up to 5.1 billion pounds ($6.7 billion) in its stock market debut next month and has geared up for any Brexit outcome, it said on Thursday. | Video
MOSCOW Sovereign wealth fund Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) plans more investments with China's Alibaba after the two became partners in a Russian joint venture last week and separately invested in a developer of augmented reality technology, the RDIF's head said.
Ride-hailing company Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] is in early talks to buy food delivery company Deliveroo, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Adobe Systems Inc on Thursday agreed to buy Marketo Inc for $4.75 billion from private equity firm Vista Equity Partners Management, adding heft to its cloud-based digital marketing business.
Royal Dutch Shell Plc is in talks to sell its assets in a Gulf of Mexico oilfield to Focus Oil to pay for its takeover of BG Group Plc, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with matter.
FRANKFURT Buyout group Lone Star is considering a stock market flotation of German building materials maker Xella which it bought in 2016 for 2.2 billion euros ($2.6 billion), three people close to the matter said.
COPENHAGEN Danish cannabis firm StenoCare is preparing to list shares in Copenhagen next month, the first in Europe to launch an initial public offering (IPO) to take advantage of a surge in investor interest.
- Finance: Australia's Propertylink gets $505 million takeover offer from ESR Group
- Technology: JAB sees acquisition opportunities in non-alcoholic beverages: Manager Magazin
- Healthcare: Medtronic to acquire Mazor in $1.64 billion deal
- Consumer: Czech investor tightens grip on Metro with additional stake
- Energy: Spain's Caixabank sells its 9.4 percent stake in Repsol
- Industrials: United Technologies wins U.S. defense contract worth up to $2.46 billion: Pentagon
- M&A: UPDATE 3-Rare auction showdown could decide fate of broadcaster Sky
- Bankruptcy: Brazil court rules Oi's fines are subject to bankruptcy recovery
- IPOs: Farfetch tops price range in IPO in boon to luxury market
- Private Capital: Farfetch tops price range in IPO in boon to luxury market
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund Man Group shares bounce after assets rise in first half
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-German supermarket chain REWE steps up e-commerce challenge