Campbell Soup Co will buy Pretzels and Cape Cod chips maker Snyder's-Lance Inc for $4.87 billion as it looks to expand its snack business amid sagging soup sales.
LONDON Hedge fund manager Crispin Odey has argued that Sky should fetch a higher price following Walt Disney Co's $52 billion deal with Twenty-First Century Fox Inc. , adding to shareholder disquiet about the fate of the European broadcaster.
LONDON Kwek Leng Beng, the Singaporean billionaire attempting to take over Millennium & Copthorne Hotels , defended his bid on Monday after a group of investors argued it was too low and sought to block the deal.
Campbell Soup Co and Hershey Co on Monday unveiled deals totaling nearly $6 billion to buy healthy packaged snacks makers, the latest example of big U.S. food companies trying to cater to an increasing American preference for healthy foods. | Video
Casino operator Penn National Gaming Inc said on Monday it would buy Pinnacle Entertainment Inc in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $2.8 billion, cementing its position as the leading U.S. regional gaming operator.
Total System Services Inc (TSYS) on Monday said it would buy payment technology firm Cayan for $1.05 billion in cash to expand its offerings to small and mid-sized U.S. businesses.
Belgian frozen foods company Greenyard NV is exploring an acquisition of Dole Food Co, a U.S. fruit and vegetable producer that could be valued at more than $2.5 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
FRANKFURT Vonovia , Germany's biggest residential property company, has agreed to buy Austrian counterpart Buwog in a cash deal valuing the latter at 5.2 billion euros ($6.12 billion), the two companies said on Monday.
PARIS Shares in French defense electronics maker Thales jumped more than 8 percent on Monday after chipmaker Gemalto accepted its 4.8 billion euro ($5.7 bln) takeover bid to create a leader in digital security. | Video
Ho CHI MINH CITY/SINGAPORE Thai Beverage has won an auction to buy a majority stake worth $4.84 billion in Vietnam's top brewer Sabeco , a lofty deal that adds a major asset to the beer-to-property empire of Thai magnate Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi.
- Finance: Cominar REIT to sell non-core assets for C$1.14 billion
- Technology: China's Tencent, JD.com invest $863 million in online retailer Vipshop
- Healthcare: Humana in talks to buy Kindred Healthcare with equity firms: source
- Consumer: Thai Beverage unit wins auction to buy 54 percent stake in Sabeco
- Energy: Founding family ups stake in Idemitsu to over 28 percent
- Industrials: China's Fosun sells off Sydney tower amid Beijing's outbound crackdown
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Singaporean billionaire defends bid for M&C Hotels in face of investor opposition
- Bankruptcy: Barclays proposes alternative Seadrill restructuring plan-court filing
- IPOs: Russian conglomerate Sistema's real estate unit shelves bond sale
- Private Capital: EU mergers and takeovers (Dec 18)
- Hedge Funds: Big British local authority pensions step up hedge fund bets
- Regulatory: NEWSMAKER-'Nearly man' Ramaphosa edges closer to South Africa's top job