* CITIC also to take CEFC's stake in JTFG (Adds payment made, amount, CITIC comment)
* Deal comes after 18 months of talks, adopts global standards
OFFICIAL CORRECTION-UPDATE 2-Reduced costs of broker Beaufort's insolvency may provide relief for small mining firms
LONDON, May 23 PwC halved the estimated costs of winding up British brokerage Beaufort Securities on Wednesday, potentially boosting funds for hard-pressed mining companies and other clients that are expected to shoulder the costs.
ZAGREB, May 25 Croatia's parliament on Friday confirmed Darko Horvat as the new economy minister after his predecessor quit amid criticism of her handling of the crisis at food giant Agrokor, the country's biggest private firm.
BRUSSELS, May 25 European Union finance ministers reached on Friday an agreement on reforming bank capital rules, a major step to boost the bloc's financial stability and to agree on a backstop for its bank-rescue fund in June, officials said.
PRAGUE, May 25 Czech financial firm J&T said on Friday it had reached a deal with Chinese conglomerate CITIC to settle debts owed by troubled Chinese group CEFC, potentially drawing a line under a complex dispute.
May 25 The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
May 25 Australia's Litigation Capital Management will fund a shareholder class-action against sandalwood distributor Quintis Ltd as well as its auditor Ernst & Young, Litigation said in a statement to the Australian bourse on Friday.
* Talks follow Latvia's ABLV, Malta's Pilatus cases exposed by U.S.
May 23 Eddie Bauer LLC and Pacific Sunwear of California LLC are exploring a merger to consolidate their store footprint and weather a prolonged downturn in the U.S. brick-and-mortar retail sector, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
- M&A: EU mergers and takeovers (May 25)
- IPOs: D.C. airport bonds to lead holiday week in U.S. muni market
- Private Capital: CORRECTED-INSIGHT-Kenya moves to regulate fintech-fuelled lending craze
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Hedge funds trapped in near-term Brent futures
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-France's far left leads protests against Macron reforms
Free Deals Newsletter
Reprehenderit Fugiat Sunt Quae Veritatis Error Minima. Minim Sequi Modi Quo. Voluptate Sunt Ratione Aperiam Quis Velit Neque.