Nov 16 Comcast Corp and Verizon Communications Inc have both expressed interest in acquiring a significant part of Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc's assets, two people familiar with the situation told Reuters on Thursday.
Nov 17 The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Failed to sign underwriting accord with CS, Deutsche, Barclays
LONDON, Nov 16 A top five shareholder in GoCompare said the British price comparison company should respond "positively" if a sweetened offer by Zoopla-owner ZPG were made in the region of 520 million pounds.
LONDON, Nov 16 Britain's biggest debt collector Cabot Credit Management abandoned its plan on Thursday for an initial public offering (IPO), the latest in a string of companies to ditch attempts to list on the London Stock Exchange.
* PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM BRIDGEPOINT TO ACQUIRE UK BURGER KING FRANCHISE CASPIAN UK GROUP
* Share performance vs peers: http://bit.ly/2zJnEdz (Adds quotes, context, updates shares)
LONDON, Nov 16 Uber's appeal process against a decision by London's transport regulator to strip the taxi app of its operating licence in the British capital could take years, the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said on Thursday.
LONDON, Nov 16 London-listed private equity firm 3i Group said on Thursday it had no plans to dispose of its biggest asset, Dutch discount retailer Action, rebutting market speculation that a sale could be imminent.
* CEO Mike Wells says Asia 'in some ways ours to lose'; need to get better in health and protection.
- Finance: BRIEF-Mainstreet Health Investments announces US$425 mln acquisition of 42 U.S. property portfolio
- Technology: BRIEF-DISCOVERY STOCKHOLDERS APPROVES SERIES C COMMON STOCK ISSUANCE TO SCRIPPS NETWORKS
- Healthcare: Nearly 2,000 Siemens employees protest against job cuts
- Consumer: Electric cars not ready for mass production yet - Toyota chairman to Spiegel
- Energy: Mubadala makes binding offer for majority stake in Brazil's Invepar
- Industrials: PRESS DIGEST - Wall Street Journal - Nov 17