LONDON, Feb 23 Britain's Metro Bank will acquire a 523 million pound ($731 million) mortgage portfolio from two companies controlled by U.S. private equity firm Cerberus, the bank said on Friday.
* BMW says also expands venture with China's Brilliance (Adds analyst comment, details)
BRUSSELS, Feb 23 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
LONDON, Feb 23 Two leading investors in British wholesaler Booker are backing a takeover by retail giant Tesco, despite a late push by an activist hedge fund and shareholder advisers to secure better terms.
* Chairman, three other board members to stand down (Adds 2017 pay for Gilbert)
WINDHOEK, Feb 23 Plans to open Namibia's second iron ore mine are being pursued by an Indian-controlled company called Blake Trading, documents seen by Reuters on Friday show.
* HKEX wants to ease restrictions on secondary listings in city
LONDON, Feb 23 Standard Life Aberdeen revealed on Friday its co-chief executive Keith Skeoch's total pay rose by nine percent to 3 million pounds ($4.2 million) in 2017.
Feb 22 The sovereign wealth fund of Norway bought a 245 million pounds ($342 million) stake in British property group Shaftesbury from Invesco, regulatory filings showed on Thursday.
ZURICH, Feb 23 Sika's high share price provides scope for the Swiss construction chemicals group to offer its controlling family shareholders a better buyout offer than one the clan has agreed with France's Saint-Gobain , Sika's CEO said.
- Finance: China orders 3 insurers to fix overseas investment rule breaches
- Technology: UPDATE 4-Geely chairman builds $9 bln stake in Germany's Daimler
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Satellite firm SES cuts dividend in "challenging" market
- Consumer: REFILE-Toys are not us, investors to Target
- Energy: UPDATE 2-Schlumberger, Subsea 7 in talks to form oil services joint venture
- Industrials: Brookfield abandons plan to buy controlling stake in Brazil's Renova