DUBAI, May 20 Abraaj, the Middle East's largest private equity house, is in violation of conditions relating to a portion of its debt, said six banking sources, adding to the pressure on a group locked in a dispute with investors.
DUBAI, May 20 Kuwait Energy, an independent oil and gas company, has hired investment bank Perella Weinberg Partners (PWP) to advise it on options that could include selling all or part of its Block 9 asset in southern Iraq and a spin-off of Egyptian assets, sources familiar with the matter said.
BOSTON, May 19 Proxy adviser Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) recommended on Friday that investors vote against Tesla Inc directors Antonio Gracias and James Murdoch, increasing pressure on the car maker over their roles on its board.
May 18 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
WASHINGTON, May 18 A lobbying group representing major foreign companies doing business in the United States including Anheuser Busch Inbev and Siemens said on Friday it had dropped its opposition to bills that would tighten oversight of foreign investment.
NEW YORK/STOCKHOLM, May 18 PayPal Holdings Inc has agreed to buy Swedish financial technology startup iZettle for $2.2 billion in the U.S. online payments provider's biggest ever acquisition.
May 17 (LPC) - Banks are increasingly wary of lending to the UK retail sector as shoppers continue to desert the high street in favour of lower cost online rivals, raising the prospect of further loan losses, banking sources said.
LONDON, May 18 (LPC) - Aggressive documentation on European leveraged loans is highlighting the role of lawyers that work for private equity firms and also represent the banks lending to sponsors’ buyout loans.
May 18 After holding an interest in Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc for nearly 11 years, private equity firm Blackstone Group LP has decided to exit the hotel chain operator by selling its about 5.8 percent stake.
PRAGUE, May 18 CEFC Europe, a Czech-based division of troubled conglomerate CEFC China Energy, said it would contest a takeover of shareholder rights by creditor J&T Private Investments (JTPI), arguing it had funds to pay a debt at the centre of the dispute.
- Financial: Goldman, World Bank fund for women entrepreneurs hits $1 bln in investments
- Technology: Socially responsible funds dump or rethink Facebook over data privacy
- Healthcare: CVC to buy Finnish healthcare group Mehilainen from KKR, Triton
- Consumer: Blackstone to sell remaining stake in Hilton
- Energy: RPT-EXPLAINER-From $11 bln trading titan to penny stock: Noble Group faces crunch as creditors, investors circle
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Silicon Valley startup peddles 3D-printed bike
- M&As: Outgoing Dixons Carphone UK boss in talks to join M&S - Sky News
- Bankruptcy: Tata Steel completes $5.2 bln purchase of bankrupt Bhushan Steel
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Scotiabank quits as primary dealer of UK government debt - DMO
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Hedge funds cut gloomy dollar bets vs emerging FX, Swiss franc
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 3-Congo to begin Ebola vaccinations on Monday