LONDON Prime Minister Theresa May will hail "a new sense of optimism" in Brexit talks on Monday, telling parliament Britain and the European Union should sign off on a deal at a summit this week "to move forwards together" to discuss future trade ties.
JERUSALEM A Palestinian stabbed an Israeli security guard at Jerusalem's main bus station on Sunday, police said, and violence flared near the U.S. Embassy in Beirut over U.S. President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital. | Video
Britain's Labour Party is considering moving some of Bank of England's functions to Birmingham, from its current home in Threadneedle Street in the City of London, according to an interim report on the British financial system released on Sunday.
LONDON Britain is aiming to secure a comprehensive free trade deal with the European Union and wants it to be signed shortly after it leaves the bloc in 2019, Brexit minister David Davis said on Sunday.
LONDON Squeezed British consumers reined in Christmas travel plans and bought fewer new cars last month, setting the stage for the first fall in festive spending in five years, credit card company Visa said on Monday.
LONDON Uber will defend its right to operate in London in a court hearing on Monday after the app was deemed unfit to run a taxi service and stripped of its licence in its most important European market.
DUBAI/LONDON British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson held almost an hour of talks with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Sunday after flying to Tehran to seek the release of a jailed British-Iranian aid worker. | Video
LONDON Buckingham Palace released on Monday a new portrait of Prince Philip, painted by Australian-born artist Ralph Heimans in the year that Queen Elizabeth's husband announced his retirement from active public life.
LONDON Britain's smaller banks are lining up to apply for multi-million pound grants the government hopes will help them compete in the corporate banking market.
LONDON BAE Systems and Qatar have entered into a contract valued at around 5 billion pounds for the country to buy 24 Typhoon combat aircraft, the British defence group said on Sunday.
- Financial: Iberiabank to pay U.S. $11.69 mln over mortgage guarantee claims
- Technology: Uber heads to court in fight for London survival
- Healthcare: BRIEF-Skyline Medical Files For Resale Of Up To 1.9 Mln Shares By Selling Stockholder
- Consumer: BRIEF-George Feldenkreis Reports 11.3 Pct Stake In Perry Ellis
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Congolese lower house adopts new mining code that increases taxes
- Industrials: BRIEF-Vulcan Materials - Unit Received Imminent Danger Order At Its Danley Quarry In Antioch, Tennessee
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Italian fund denies seeking to raise stake in Aston Martin
- Bankruptcy: Boston Herald files for bankruptcy protection to pursue sale
- IPOs: MOVES-HSBC's global head of public sector syndicate to leave the bank
- Private Capital: Italian fund to raise Aston Martin stake, IPO next summer -paper
- Hedge Funds: Whitbread jumps after hedge fund Sachem Head declares stake