LONDON The euro rebounded from the day's lows on Monday but held well below a 2-1/2 year high hit earlier this month as markets bet the single currency's double-digit gains this year may be too much for a central bank that is still wary of removing stimulus.
LONDON Sterling edged back on Monday towards an almost 6-week low against the dollar as growing doubts around the progress of Brexit talks with Europe continued to weigh on the currency.
SHANGHAI A week after China's central bank finally offered some explanation of the mysterious new 'X'-factor it has added to its daily yuan reference rate, traders and analysts say they are none the wiser over how to make sense of it.
SHANGHAI China'a yuan eased against the U.S. dollar on Friday and looked set to post its first weekly loss since early July, after a strong multi-month rally.
NEW YORK, Aug 17 The Federal Reserve provided $36 million of liquidity to foreign central banks in the latest week via its swap lines for foreign central banks, the New York Fed said on Thursday.
- Britain confident of moving onto second phase of Brexit talks
- Britain's current account deficit was bigger than thought in 2015 - ONS
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship, tanker collide near Singapore |
- Total boosts North Sea business with $7.5 billion Maersk Oil deal
- Britain's Big Ben falls silent for four years of renovation work
- Britain to treat internet hate crime as seriously as offline offences
- Despite losing terrain, Islamic State's attacks rose in 2016 - study
- Hong Kong property investors go trophy hunting in London despite Brexit
- Police extend search for Barcelona attack van driver outside Spain |
- Finnish police request detention of five suspects over knife attack