NEW YORK The euro climbed on Friday as traders were encouraged by improved regional economic growth data and new assurances by Italian politicians that their nation would not leave the single currency.
LONDON The pound rose to a six-day high on Friday after a Bank of England meeting revived expectations of a rate hike this year, but fears of a breakdown in Brexit talks next week limited sterling's gains.
NEW YORK Bitcoin dropped to a more than four-month low on Friday, continuing a downtrend after more negative headlines such as Japan's financial regulator ordering six digital currency exchanges to make improvements on their anti-money laundering systems.
BUENOS AIRES Argentina's peso currency snapped its slide on Monday as the central bank said it would hike reserve requirements for banks, a move that also sent bank shares tumbling as the country's stocks had their worst performance since December 2014.
NEW YORK Speculators' net short dollar bets rose slightly in the latest week, after shrinking for six straight weeks, according to calculations by Reuters and Commodity Futures Trading Commission data released on Friday.
- Erdogan, ruling AK Party build early lead in Turkish elections |
- Kane fires England to record 6-1 win against Panama
- Merkel presses over migration as 'European solution' fails |
- UK ministers take aim at business over Brexit warnings
- Spain committed to European migration solution - PM
- Top Merkel aide rejects conservative critique of euro reforms
- Second person dead, 30 arrested, after Saturday's grenade attack at Ethiopia prime minister's rally
- Saudi women take victory lap as driving ban ends |
- Singapore says Trump-Kim summit cost just $12 million, after some question expenses
- Trump calls for deporting illegal immigrants with 'no judges or court cases'