LONDON Following are five big themes likely to dominate thinking of investors and traders in the coming week and the Reuters stories related to them.
LONDON Financial markets have been shaken this quarter by a raft of worries: the prospect of a global trade war, turmoil in the Trump Administration, signals by central banks of a shift towards monetary tightening and tensions between world powers.
LONDON "Volatility is back," the Bank for International Settlements reckons, and speculators are betting big on its return.
SYDNEY Simmering fears of a global trade war. An embarrassing political scandal in Japan. Rapid job-turnover inside the White House and the threat of faster interest rate hikes in the United States.
NEW YORK A long rally in technology stocks has left investors thirsting for more, but that could be a mistake as the strengthening U.S. economy points to better value in other stocks.
LONDON As the curtain comes down on the Q4 earnings season, it's clear that Europe put on a show not seen for years. Investors hoping for a repeat performance this year, however, are likely to be disappointed.
NEW YORK A global regulatory crackdown on cryptocurrencies created by startups to finance new projects could slow the pace of virtual currency sales as questions mount about their transparency and the risk of scams for investors.
LONDON Investors in short-dated sterling bonds could be the main winners if Britain and the European Union fail to hammer out the contours of a Brexit transition deal at a summit starting on March 22.
LONDON Dozens of stallholders, pitching anything from a happy retirement to commercial property to the future of electronics, set up shop in central London last weekend to pitch their wares.
LONDON Saudi Aramco's [IPO-ARAM.SE] partial privatisation has loomed over the oil market for the last two years, influencing expectations about oil prices, but what if it never happens?
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold dips, down for week; market braces for Fed rate hike
- Oil Report: UPDATE 1-U.S. appeals court approves ETP's Bayou Bridge pipeline construction
- British Pound Report: Sterling slips on dollar rebound, Brexit nerves
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar gains on data, yen up on U.S. political uncertainty
- UK treating death of Russian businessman Glushkov as murder - police
- China's parliament re-elects Xi Jinping as president
- Russia to expel UK diplomats as crisis over nerve toxin attack deepens |
- London court rules UK spy behind Trump dossier must give evidence in U.S. libel trial
- UK trade minister optimistic about resolution over U.S. tariffs
- UK might struggle to make planned spending cuts - Moody's
- Former FBI No.2 McCabe fired; claims he is being targeted
- Take Five - World markets themes for the week ahead
- Exclusive - European powers propose new Iran sanctions to meet Trump ultimatum |
- Civilians flee as two big Syria battles enter decisive phases