LONDON Euro zone government bond yields are close to multi-month lows just as the European Central Bank is on the verge of cutting its bond-buying scheme by half, leaving some investors worried that a sharp correction may be due in 2018.
LONDON/NEW YORK As bitcoin raced to another record high on Tuesday, one of the biggest providers of digital currency wallets, Coinbase, went down under the weight of traffic, leaving many of its more than 10 million customers unable to access their funds. | Video
LONDON From Essex binmen to Liverpool councillors, government pension schemes in England and Wales are investing more in hedge funds whose bets, sometimes dictated by algorithms, have included exotic holdings such as Puerto Rican debt.
LONDON British PM Theresa May heads to an EU summit today after suffering her first big legislative defeat at home, with 11 pro-European party allies backing a move to require that parliament votes on any Brexit deal before her government can implement it.
LONDON Central banks are slowly (but surely) turning off the stimulus taps and many markets are at record peaks, yet judging by the extraordinarily low volatility across most asset classes, investors don't seem at all worried about a looming collapse.
TOKYO Regardless of a return to solid economic growth, the risk of sharp appreciation in the yen means Japan's central bank would be in no rush to exit its ultra-loose monetary policy, say sources familiar with the bank's thinking.
LONDON Sterling steadied on Monday after posting its biggest daily drop in more than a month on Friday, with investors cautiously adding some long bets at the start of a week when Britain and the EU will sign off on a deal to move to the next stage of Brexit talks.
LONDON Credit markets should brace for a U.S. recession, the U.S. yield curve will invert and growth in America will reach President Trump's lofty and oft-derided target of 4 percent.
LONDON "Flash crashes" in the foreign exchange markets are far more common than is generally believed, a study by trading algorithm provider Pragma said on Thursday.
NEW YORK Bitcoin fans are salivating over the potential of long-awaited legitimacy for the cyptocurrency when futures trading launches this weekend, but experts worry the risks associated with bitcoin's Wild West-like nature could overshadow the debut.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Despite parliament defeat, May on course to deliver Brexit |
- Disney buying Fox film, TV units for $52 billion in digital push |
- ECB's Draghi sidelines critics to keep money taps wide open |
- Bank of England - disorderly Brexit risk reduced by EU talks progress
- UK retailers enjoy bumper Black Friday sales |
- Six months on, Grenfell fire survivors weep at London memorial |
- Financials weigh on FTSE as BoE holds rates
- Euro zone bond yields may be in for New Year shock as ECB cuts buying
- U.N. chief presses for release of arrested Reuters journalists in Myanmar |
- Putin says U.S. gripped by fabricated spymania, praises Trump |