LONDON UK-based investors who bought shares on the country's main stock index the day after the Brexit vote one year ago could be forgiven for wondering what the fuss is all about. Foreign investors could tell them.
LONDON For years the options market that companies and investors use to hedge against big swings in currencies viewed the euro as a bigger political and structural risk than Britain's pound.
LONDON One year since Britain's Brexit vote, Theresa May took her first tentative step on the EU stage since the UK election, outlining a "fair and serious offer" for EU citizens who choose to stay in Britain after Brexit.
BEIJING/SINGAPORE/LONDON Some of China's top oil refineries are having to take the highly unusual step of cutting operations during what is typically the peak demand summer season when hot weather drives up power usage and families take to the road during school holidays.
NEW YORK/HONG KONG China's stocks took a major step towards global acceptance on Wednesday, finally winning a long campaign for inclusion in a leading emerging markets benchmark, in what was seen as a milestone for global investing. | Video
SHANGHAI Business confidence in Asia rose to a three-year-high in the second quarter of the year, propelled by a slew of favorable economic data across the region and easing concerns over the health of China's economy, a Thomson Reuters/INSEAD survey showed.
(This version of the June 20 story corrects figure to trillion from billion in paragraph 13)
LONDON Almost a year after the tide turned on an unbroken three-decade decline in world bond yields, stubbornly low wage growth and inflation and central bank hesitancy suggest any rise in ultra-low borrowing costs will be far slower than many had feared.
LONDON Private equity firms have used buoyant debt markets to take almost $3 billion in special payouts from European portfolio companies so far this year, quadrupling the same period in 2016.
LONDON Last week's shocking British election result and the period of political uncertainty that looks set to follow may have come at the worst of times for the country's economy and the value of the pound sterling.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold hits 1-week high on weaker dollar, rate hike prospects
- Oil Report: Internal dossier criticises Audi top management -Bild
- British Pound Report: UPDATE 1-Sterling gains as market prices in BoE shift on rates
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar posts steepest loss in three weeks on U.S. rate-hike doubts
- London tower blocks evacuated as 34 buildings fail fire tests
- Some UK ministers want Hammond as caretaker PM - Sunday Times
- Labour's Corbyn puts politics centre stage at Glastonbury Festival
- Syria says Israel strike kills civilians
- British lawmakers hit by 'sustained' cyber attack
- Firefighters battle blaze at low-rise building in east London
- UK to maintain duty-free access for developing countries after Brexit
- Albanians vote in crucial test for EU membership hopes
- Arconic knowingly supplied flammable panels for use in tower - emails
- Police brace for trouble as far-right and anti-racist groups protest