LONDON Following are five big themes likely to dominate thinking of investors and traders in the coming week and the Reuters stories related to them.
LONDON The Trumpflation trade may be back as the U.S. President's drive to overhaul the tax code cleared a critical hurdle. The dollar, global shares and Treasury yields gained after the Senate approved a 2018 budget blueprint that will pave the way for Republicans to pursue a tax-cut package without Democratic support.
LONDON For the Bank of England, the hard bit about finally raising interest rates will be getting borrowers to heed the message it is likely to send: that they should not fear many more hikes any time soon.
NEW YORK On the 30th anniversary of the 1987 stock market crash, U.S. stocks are at a record high and investors are concerned that steep valuations may mean a correction is overdue, despite healthy corporate earnings and economic growth. | Video
NEW YORK Thirty years ago, before heading to work at the New York Stock Exchange, Peter Kenny left his home in lower Manhattan and made a detour to the nearby Our Lady of Victory church to pray to St. Jude, the Roman Catholic patron saint of desperate and lost causes. | Video
CALGARY, Alberta Canada's oil sands producers are stuck in a rut.
LONDON The big five U.S. banks have published their third quarter earnings and -- as expected -- all reported a double-digit slump in bond trading.
LONDON Hedge funds turned their most bullish on the euro in well over six years last week, betting it will rise in value and put a gloss on what has so far been a mediocre year for returns.
LONDON Euro zone investors who have snapped up over a trillion euros worth of foreign debt without protecting the foreign exchange risk are rethinking that vulnerability because of the currency's hefty rally this year.
TOKYO Under the once-vaunted "keiretsu" system of close, trust-based ties between manufacturers and suppliers, "Made-in-Japan" became a byword for industrial quality and reliability.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold falls as hopes of U.S. tax reform boost riskier assets
- Oil Report: Graft probe into Mexico president's ally poses tricky challenge ahead of elections
- British Pound Report: Sterling bounces back, boosted by progress in Brexit talks
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar rises vs safe havens after U.S. Senate clears way for tax reform
- May wins Brexit reprieve, faces tough weeks ahead |
- Matchmaker Merkel seeks awkward three-way embrace
- Spain plans new elections in Catalonia to end independence bid - opposition |
- Suicide bombers attack two Afghan mosques, at least 72 dead
- Pilots at Ryanair's largest base reject pay offer
- John Lewis winning in challenging market, boss says
- BMW raided in cartel investigation as Daimler claims immunity
- In Kirkuk, Kurds' joy turns to fear after Iraqi army takeover
- France gets serious over sexual harassment after Weinstein scandal - minister
- Airbus CSeries deal could boost Belfast jobs - Greg Clark