LONDON Banks have not had much to cheer when it comes to market trading in recent years, but the batch of U.S. second quarter earnings just out is providing some good news.
LONDON This year's near-collapse in U.S. companies' euro and sterling-based borrowing is being linked to Trump administration tax changes that are raising the appeal of bringing home cash held offshore to invest instead of tapping bond markets.
By Saqib Iqbal Ahmed, Jessica DiNapoli and Caroline Valetkevitch
BUENOS AIRES A record wheat harvest expected in Argentina this year could arrive just in time to jumpstart the ailing South American economy in the fourth quarter, after growth has been hit by low investment, high inflation and a soy crop devastated by drought.
LONDON Emerging market foreign exchange trading is growing at a double-digit clip this year, as economic and political worries stoke volatility and sell-offs in currencies such as the Chinese yuan, Turkish lira and Mexican peso, industry data shows.
LONDON Once the outcast of European bond markets, Greece appears firmly on the road to redemption.
LONDON A global trade war would hit financial markets hard, potentially wiping trillions of dollars off the value of stocks and other assets. So it's a wonder investors appear relaxed at the prospect which, ominously, is growing more likely by the day.
LONDON British inflation unexpectedly held steady last month, denting market confidence about a Bank of England interest rate hike next month and sending sterling to a 10-month low against the dollar.
LONDON Oil giant BP's Eastern Trough Area Project off the coast of Scotland wasn't supposed to be viable beyond 2018. But government and industry working together have given ETAP a new lease of life that is being closely watched by countries and companies eyeing other ageing projects around the world.
LONDON The European Commission will this week unveil its proposed provisional "safeguard" measures to limit steel imports in response to the imposition of 25 percent tariffs on steel imports by the United States.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold snaps losing run after Trump slams strong dollar
- Oil Report: Petrobras enters binding phase for Sergipe-Alagoas concessions
- British Pound Report: Sterling bounces off 10-month low after bruising week
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar drops further on Trump's comments on currency, rate hike
- UK's Brexit plans useful, but questions remain - Barnier |
- Under pressure at home, May demands new deal from EU on Irish border |
- Concern in White House over intelligence chief's Russian summit surprise
- Quitting EU could hit UK households by up to 960 pounds a year - report
- Briton discharged from hospital after Novichok poisoning
- Brexit-backer Arron Banks denies fresh allegation of Russia links
- Amazon, Toyota, Alcoa and others working to counter Trump's tariff plans
- GlaxoSmithKline considers splitting up the group - FT
- Man arrested after knife attack on German bus |
- Lawyer Cohen taped Trump discussing Playboy model payment |