FirstGroup PLC (FGP.L)
Latest Key Developments (Source: Significant Developments)
Aug 18 (Reuters) - UK's COMPETITION AND MARKETS AUTHORITY - :UK'S CMA - CMA HAS ACCEPTED FARE CONTROLS THAT ADDRESS ITS COMPETITION CONCERNS ON THE LONDON–EXETER RAIL ROUTE.UK'S CMA - COMPANIES HAVE ALSO OFFERED TO MAINTAIN THE AVAILABILITY OF CHEAPER ADVANCE FARES ON BOTH SERVICES, AGAIN BY LINKING THEM WITH SIMILAR ROUTES.UK'S CMA - ACCEPTANCE OF THESE PROPOSALS MEANS THAT THE AWARD OF THE FRANCHISE WILL GO AHEAD WITHOUT THE DEAL BEING REFERRED FOR A MORE IN-DEPTH ‘PHASE 2’ INVESTIGATION.UK'CMA - FIRSTGROUP AND MTR WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT REGULAR REPORTS TO THE CMA TO SHOW THEY ARE COMPLYING WITH THE AGREEMENT. Full Article
July 19 (Reuters) - :Competition and Markets Authority says is considering proposed fare controls to protect London-Exeter rail passengers following award of South Western franchise..Firstgroup and its joint venture partner MTRr were given opportunity to avoid an in-depth investigation by offering proposals to address concerns..CMA says companies have offered to cap unregulated fares between London and Exeter on both South Western and GWR services by linking these to prices on a number of other comparable routes..CMA says they have also proposed to maintain availability of cheaper advance fares on both services - again by comparing with similar routes..CMA has decided that there are reasonable grounds for believing that these proposals, or a modified version of them, might be acceptable to remedy competition concerns..CMA has until Sept. 20 to consider whether to accept undertakings. Says will undertake a public consultation.. Full Article
July 11 (Reuters) - Firstgroup Plc
June 22 (Reuters) - Firstgroup Plc
June 1 (Reuters) - Firstgroup Plc
- Are Homeserve plc, FirstGroup plc and DCC plc Ord Euro0.25 buys after today's updates?
- Why Rolls-Royce Holding plc, BHP Billiton plc and FirstGroup plc may be great recovery prospects
- Are Imperial Brands plc, FirstGroup plc & Norcros plc a buy in today's uncertain market?
- Today's Transport Winners And Losers: Flybe Group PLC, FirstGroup plc And Air Partner plc
- 3 Bargain Blue-Chips: Unilever plc, Electrocomponents plc & FirstGroup plc
- Does FirstGroup plc's Earnings Beat Make It A Better Buy Than Stagecoach Group plc or National Express Group plc?