Edition:
United Kingdom

SPAR Group Ltd (SPPJ.J)

SPPJ.J on Johannesburg Stock Exchange

19,680.00ZAc
11:38am BST
Change (% chg)

-100.00 (-0.51%)
Prev Close
19,780.00
Open
19,841.00
Day's High
19,865.00
Day's Low
19,460.00
Volume
130,836
Avg. Vol
672,454
52-wk High
21,072.00
52-wk Low
16,418.00

Latest Key Developments (Source: Significant Developments)

SPAR Group HY HEPS 523.6 Cents, In Final Stages Of Negotiations Regarding Piotr I Pawel
Wednesday, 15 May 2019 

May 15 (Reuters) - SPAR Group Ltd ::UNAUDITED INTERIM RESULTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 MARCH 2019 AND CASH DIVIDEND DECLARATION.HY NORMALISED DILUTED HEPS +7.4%.HY INTERIM DIVIDEND PER SHARE +5.2%.HY TOTAL TURNOVER GREW 8.6% FROM R50.0 BILLION TO R54.3 BILLION.HY HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE 523.6 CENTS VERSUS 542.1 CENTS.HY EARNINGS ADVERSELY IMPACTED BY FINANCE COSTS.DESPITE MAKING REAL PROGRESS IN ADDRESSING STRATEGIC ISSUES, SPAR SWITZERLAND'S PROFITABILITY FOR FIRST HALF FELL SHORT OF EXPECTATIONS.PIOTR I PAWEL SPAR GROUP HAS BEEN AWARDED SPAR LICENCE TO OPERATE BRAND IN POLAND.IN FINAL STAGES OF NEGOTIATIONS TO PURCHASE A CONTROLLING INTEREST IN PIOTR I PAWEL GROUP IN POLAND.RECENT WHOLESALE ACQUISITIONS WILL FURTHER STRENGTHEN IRISH GROUP'S PROFIT.TRADING ENVIRONMENT IS LIKELY TO REMAIN EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE IN MEDIUM TERM.  Full Article

SPAR Group Group Sales Increased By 8.2 Pct To R36.53 Bln For 17 Weeks
Tuesday, 12 Feb 2019 

Feb 12 (Reuters) - SPAR Group Ltd ::TRADING UPDATE FOR THE 17 WEEKS TO 26 JANUARY 2019.GROUP SALES INCREASED BY 8.2% TO R36.53 BILLION FOR 17 WEEKS TO 26 JANUARY 2019.SPAR SOUTH AFRICA GROUP SALES GROWTH OF 7.7% FOR 17 WEEKS TO 26 JANUARY 2019.SPAR SOUTH AFRICA CORE SPAR BUSINESS SALES UP 5.7% & LIKE-FOR-LIKE SALES INCREASED 3.8% FOR 17 WEEKS TO 26 JANUARY 2019.  Full Article

SPAR Group FY HEPS Of 965.7 Cents
Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018 

Nov 14 (Reuters) - SPAR Group Ltd ::FY REVENUE UP 6 PERCENT TO R103 007.5 MILLION.FY HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE 965.7 CENTS.FY DILUTED HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE 958.9 CENTS.IRISH BUSINESS OUTLOOK, STILL INFLUENCED BY BREXIT UNCERTAINTIES, REMAINS POSITIVELY CAUTIOUS.  Full Article

Spar Group Says Sales Rise 7 Pct Over 17-Weeks To Jan. 27
Wednesday, 7 Feb 2018 

Feb 7 (Reuters) - SPAR GROUP LTD ::‍INCREASED SALES BY 7.0% FROM R31.6 BILLION TO R33.8 BILLION FOR SEVENTEEN (17) WEEK TRADING PERIOD ENDED 27 JANUARY 2018​.FOR 17-WEEK, SALES IN SOUTH AFRICA INCREASED BY 7.9%, WHICH WERE POSITIVELY IMPACTED BY NEWLY ACQUIRED S.BUYS PHARMACEUTICAL BEING RECOGNISED.‍ON A LIKE-FOR-LIKE BASIS FOR 17-WEEKS TRADING PERIOD, SOUTH AFRICAN SALES INCREASED BY 6.4%, REFLECTING CONTINUED WEAK CONSUMER SPEND​.‍IN EURO CURRENCY TERMS, IRISH BUSINESS INCREASED TURNOVER BY 4.7% DURING 17-WEEK PERIOD​.‍COMBINED WITH A SLIGHTLY WEAKENED RAND, IRISH BUSINESS REPORTED SALES GROWTH OF 11.1% FOR 17-WEEK PERIOD​.‍SWISS BUSINESS CONTINUED TO REFLECT NEGATIVE MARKET CONDITIONS AND SALES DECLINED -5.6% IN RAND TERMS FOR 17-WEEK PERIOD​.  Full Article

SPAR Group says Abridged Integrated Annual Report Will Be Posted On Jan 4, 2018
Wednesday, 27 Dec 2017 

Dec 27 (Reuters) - SPAR Group Ltd ::POSTING OF ABRIDGED INTEGRATED ANNUAL REPORT WAS DELAYED AND SAME WILL ONLY BE POSTED ON THURSDAY, 4 JANUARY 2018..  Full Article

Spar Group says FY diluted HEPS down 6.2 pct to 946.4 cents
Wednesday, 15 Nov 2017 

Nov 15 (Reuters) - SPAR GROUP LTD ::FY ‍REVENUE OF 97.17 BILLION RAND VERSUS 92.23 BILLION RAND YEAR AGO.FY ‍DILUTED HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE OF 946.4 CENTS VERSUS 1,009.4​ CENTS YEAR AGO.‍APPROVED A FINAL DIVIDEND OF 435 CENTS PER SHARE​.  Full Article

S.Africa's Competition Tribunal says Competition Commission recommends approval of Spar Group, Fifth Season Investments 126 merger
Wednesday, 20 Sep 2017 

Sept 20 (Reuters) - South Africa's Competition Tribunal::S.AFRICA'S COMPETITION COMMISSION RECOMMENDS SPAR GROUP, FIFTH SEASON INVESTMENTS 126 MERGER DEAL BE APPROVED WITHOUT CONDITIONS.  Full Article

Spar Group says interim HEPS down 0.9 pct to 475.5 cents
Wednesday, 31 May 2017 

May 31 (Reuters) - The Spar Group Limited ::Spar group ltd - ‍interim dividend declared 240 cents per share​.Turnover for six months to march 31 up 12.6 pct.Spar group ltd - ‍hy headline earnings per share declined marginally by 0.9 pct to 475.5 cents​.Hy profit before tax was up 7.8 pct to r1.2 billion (2016: r1.1 billion).Hy reported turnover of spar group was up 12.6 pct to r47.4 billion.Spar group ltd - ‍bwg group's economic growth outlook is cautious, largely influenced by brexit uncertainties​.Hy group's gross margin increased to 9.6 pct (2016: 8.7 pct).‍In South Africa, "tough trading environment is likely to persist for balance of year, particularly with political uncertainty".  Full Article

Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions

May 15 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Wednesday: