Obayashi Corp (1802.T)
Wed, Nov 21 2018
* Marks 2nd mth of decline, biggest monthly drop since March 2016
TOKYO Japan's top steelmaker Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp is bracing for a weaker steel market in Asia because the escalating Sino-U.S. trade war may crimp steel demand in top buyer China and in Southeast Asia, a senior executive said.
* Cuts FY crude steel output plan to 42.1 mln T from 43.3 mln T
TOKYO/GENEVA, Nov 6 A World Trade Organization (WTO) dispute panel largely upheld Japan's complaint against a safeguard duty imposed by India on steel imports for two-and-a-half years, a ruling published on Tuesday showed.
* But says trade tensions are clouding global economic outlook (Adds pictures)
* West Japan mill output recovers after July rains -industry body * Domestic demand for cars, machinery, construction remains firm (Adds comment, detail) By Yuka Obayashi TOKYO, Sept 21 Japan's crude steel output rose 0.9 percent in August from a year earlier to 8.81 million tonnes, an industry body said on Friday, reflecting a recovery in production at mills located in areas that saw torrential rain in July. Gushing water broke levees and landslides destroyed
* Other trading houses also boosting renewable energy deals (Adds details and other trading houses' move)