Line Corp (3938.T)
Mon, Dec 4 2017
* Says it will acquire 100 percent stake in FIVE Inc., which is engaged in development and operation of video content distribution platform for smart phone, with undisclosed price, in Mid-December
* Says it will transfer search service related business to wholly owned new unit, which will be established on Nov. 8
BRIEF-Appier announces series C investment round with Softbank, Line Corp, Naver Corp, EDBI and AMTD Group
* Appier announces Series C investment round with Softbank group, line corporation, Naver corporation, EDBI and AMTD Group
TOKYO Japan's Line Corp said its number of monthly active users fell from the previous quarter, its first such decline, underscoring the messaging app operator's struggles to grow outside its home country since last year's high-profile IPO.
* Monthly active users fell by 2 mln from last qtr to 169 mln (Adds details of decline in average monthly users)
* Says it will transfer LINE Friends Store business to LINE Friends Japan, which will be established on Sept. 1
TOKYO, July 26 Japan's Line Corp posted a 39 percent jump in first-half profit, boosted by a transfer of assets.