Rakuten Inc (4755.T)
Tue, Dec 19 2017
* Says it completed repurchase of 82 million shares of its common stock, for about 100 billion yen in total, as of Dec. 18
* RAKUTEN AND BIC CAMERA EXPECTED TO SIGN AGREEMENT TO SET UP A JV EARLY NEXT YEAR; TO WORK ON LAUNCHING E-COMMERCE SITE IN APRIL - NIKKEI Source text for Eikon: [http://s.nikkei.com/2yTOJGN] Further company coverage:
TOKYO, Dec 15 Japanese stocks fell to their lowest in more than a week on Friday, with mobile firms extending a sell-off on concerns of increased competition after e-commerce group Rakuten said it aims to become the country's fourth wireless carrier.
TOKYO, Dec 15 Japanese stocks fell to more than a week low on Friday morning, with mobile firms extending a sell-off on concerns of increased competition after Rakuten said it aims to become Japan's fourth wireless carrier.
TOKYO Japanese e-commerce firm Rakuten Inc said it would apply for a 4G mobile license, aiming to become the country's fourth major wireless carrier in a strategic shift that had analysts warning of an uphill battle to gain customers.
* Market close to saturated, gaining customers costly - analysts
* Says it intends to enter into the Mobile Network Operator (MNO) business
* ESTIMATES MAX FUNDS REQUIRED TO BE 600 BILLION YEN BY 2025 Further company coverage: (Reporting by Thomas Wilson)
TOKYO, Dec 14 Japanese online retailer Rakuten Inc plans to join a government auction for wireless spectrum to be held in January, potentially becoming the country's fourth major wireless carrier, a source briefed on the matter said on Thursday.
* RAKUTEN PLANS TO RAISE UP TO 600 BILLION YEN ($5.31 BILLION) BY 2025 TO INVEST IN BASE STATIONS AND OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE - NIKKEI