Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc (6756.T)
19 Jan 2018
Wed, Jan 17 2018
* Says it will retire 2.5 million shares (2.4 percent of outstanding) of its common stock on March 13
TOKYO U.S. buyout fund KKR & Co LP managed a successful tender offer for Japanese semiconductor equipment maker Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc by a razor-thin margin, winning 24.9 percent of the company, statements from the companies showed on Saturday.
* Elliot had bought 8.59 pct stake in Hitachi Kokusai (Recasts with announcement, background)
Dec 8 KKR & Co LP has brought its tender offer for shares of Japan's chipmaking equipment Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc to a successful end, the Nikkei reported on Friday, citing sources.
* KOHLBERG KRAVIS ROBERTS HAS BROUGHT ITS TENDER OFFER FOR SHARES OF HITACHI KOKUSAI ELECTRIC TO A CLOSE - NIKKEI
TOKYO KKR & Co LP has boosted its bid price for Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc for a second time, seeking to appease U.S. activist hedge fund Elliott Management which has bought into the Japanese semiconductor equipment manufacturer.
* New bid is below market level, values Hitachi Kokusai at $3 bln
* KKR said latest offer price for Hitachi Kokusai is final and won't be changed - Hitachi Kokusai Source text in Japanese: [http://apac1.apps.cp.extranet.thomsonreuters.biz/Apps/news-monitor ] Further company coverage: (Reporting by Junko Fujita)
* U.S. buyout fund KKR & Co LP has raised its offer price for unit Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc to 3,132 yen a share from 2,900 yen, its second increase, according to a statement issued by Hitachi Kokusai
TOKYO, Nov 24 U.S. buyout fund KKR & Co has raised its offer price for Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc to 3,132 yen a share from 2,900 yen, its second increase, according to a statement issued by Hitachi Kokusai.