JAFCO Co Ltd (8595.T)
16 Jan 2018
* Says it plans to retire 15.7 million shares (32.6 percent of outstanding) of its common stock, on Aug. 18
TOKYO Nomura Holdings Inc said on Friday it had sold all its shares of its stake in Jafco Co back to the venture capital firm, as the Japanese brokerage seeks to shift capital into areas where it sees more growth.
* Jafco shares close highest since Oct 2015 (Adds share tender details, CFO comments, share price moves)
BRIEF- JAFCO completes share repurchase through ToSTNeT-3 and announces shareholding structure change
* Says it bought back 13.4 million shares for 61.27 billion yen in total, through ToSTNeT-3, on July 28
* Says it sold entire 8.5 million shares (19.1 percent voting power) of JAFCO Co Ltd for 38.71 billion yen
TOKYO, July 27 Nomura Holdings Inc said on Thursday it would tender to sell its shares in Jafco Co through a share buyback with the venture capital firm, as the brokerage looks to deploy its capital more efficiently.
* Says it will sell 5 million shares of Nomura Research Institute Ltd
* Says it will sell entire 8.5 million shares of JAFCO Co Ltd
* Says it plans to repurchase up to 14 million shares of its common stock, representing 31.6 percent of outstanding on July 28