Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)
Wed, Jul 18 2018
Abbott Laboratories raised its full-year earnings forecast and topped estimates for quarterly profit on Wednesday, powered by demand for its glucose monitoring device for diabetics and gains from its multibillion dollar acquisitions.
* Shares hit record high (Adds details from conference call, analysts' quotes, updates shares)
July 18 Abbott Laboratories raised its full-year earnings forecast and reported a quarterly profit that beat analysts' estimates, powered by higher sales across its businesses, including its top-earning medical device unit.
Allergan Plc said on Thursday former Abbott Laboratories executive Thomas Freyman will join its board, a week after two of its shareholders criticized the drugmaker's acquisition strategy and board composition.
June 14 Allergan Plc said on Thursday former Abbott Laboratories executive Thomas Freyman will join its board, a week after two of its shareholders criticized the drugmaker's acquisition strategy and board composition.
* ABBOTT EXPANDS CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIAS PORTFOLIO WITH FDA CLEARANCE OF ADVANCED MAPPING CATHETER
* ABBOTT'S XIENCE SIERRA™ HEART STENT RECEIVES NATIONAL REIMBURSEMENT IN JAPAN TO TREAT PEOPLE WITH CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Abbott Laboratories Says Shareholders Rejected Proposal Requesting Board Of Directors Adopt Policy That Board Chairman Be Independent Director
* ABBOTT LABORATORIES SAYS SHAREHOLDERS REJECTED PROPOSAL REQUESTING CO'S BOARD OF DIRECTORS ADOPT POLICY THAT BOARD CHAIRMAN BE INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR Source text: (https://bit.ly/2KqCwQY) Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Abbott Laboratories - Co, Sanquin Sign Multiple-Year Contract For Supply Of Primary Serological Equipment And Consumables
* ABBOTT LABORATORIES - CO, SANQUIN SIGN MULTIPLE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR SUPPLY OF PRIMARY SEROLOGICAL EQUIPMENT AND CONSUMABLES Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com)
Abbott Laboratories' just beat expectations for first quarter profits and revenue on Wednesday but stuck to a full-year profit forecast some investors had expected would be raised, sending the healthcare company's shares lower.