Assurant Inc (AIZ.N)
Tue, Jan 9 2018
* ASSURANT INC - TRANSACTION REMAINS MODESTLY ACCRETIVE TO 2018 EARNINGS PER SHARE ON A RUN-RATE BASIS
BRIEF-Assurant Expects Effective Tax Rate To Be Reduced To About 22 Pct -23 Pct On Current Standalone Income Worldwide From U.S. Tax Reform
* ASSURANT SAYS EXPECTS EFFECTIVE TAX RATE TO BE REDUCED TO ABOUT 22%-23% ON ITS CURRENT STANDALONE INCOME WORLDWIDE FROM U.S. TAX REFORM - SEC FILING
* ASSURANT SAYS ON DEC 15, ENTERED $450 MILLION, 5-YEAR SENIOR UNSECURED REVOLVING CREDIT FACILITY - SEC FILING
* RAISES QUARTERLY DIVIDEND BY $0.03 TO $0.56 PER COMMON SHARE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Q3 earnings per share view $-1.72 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
U.S. insurer Assurant Inc will expand into the Asia-Pacific region with a $1.9 billion deal to buy Warranty Group that will add extended warranty contract services for consumer goods to its property and casualty portfolio.
* Warranty provides extended warranty contracts on consumer goods (Adds link to Breakingviews item)
* Assurant-TWG Holdings deal provides,upon termination under circumstances,including change in co's board recommendation,co required to pay TWG $65 million
* Assurant to acquire the Warranty Group in transaction valued at $2.5 Billion
Oct 18 Insurer Assurant Inc said on Wednesday that it would buy Warranty Group in a deal valued at $2.5 billion.