Axis Bank Ltd (AXBK.BO)
23 May 2018
Wed, May 2 2018
* SAYS NEWS ITEM IS FACTUALLY INCORRECT AND SPECULATIVE Source text: http://bit.ly/2KtjOIo Further company coverage:
April 26 Axis Bank Ltd CEO Shikha Sharma and CFO Jairam Sridharan:
April 26 Axis Bank Ltd, India's third-biggest private sector lender by assets, reported a surprise fourth-quarter loss, plagued by a rise in provisions for bad loans.
* MARCH QUARTER NET LOSS 21.89 BILLION RUPEES VERSUS NET PROFIT OF 12.25 BILLION RUPEES LAST YEAR
* SAYS COMMENCED SUCCESSION PROCESS TO APPOINT A NEW MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO
BRIEF-Axis Bank Says News Item On EOW Filing Charge-sheet Relates To Corporate Exposure Declared As Fraud In 2016
* CLARIFIES ON NEWS ITEM ON ECONOMIC OFFENCE WING (EOW) FILING CHARGE-SHEET ON BANK LOAN FRAUD
MUMBAI, April 10 The impending exit of Axis Bank's long-serving CEO will allow it to mend relations with regulators and investors, some analysts said, helping shares of the third-biggest private sector Indian lender rise more than 4 percent on Tuesday.
MUMBAI, April 9 Axis Bank Ltd said on Monday that its long-time Chief Executive Shikha Sharma will step down at the end of 2018, days after India's central bank was reported to have expressed concerns about the lender giving her a three-year extension.
MUMBAI, April 9 Shikha Sharma, chief executive of India's Axis Bank, has asked the bank's board to shorten her next term at the helm of the bank, starting in June, to the end of December, the bank said on Monday.
* India's Axis Bank says CEO Shikha Sharma asks board to reconsider period of her re-appointment as bank chief - exchange