American Express Co (AXP.N)
Mon, Jul 30 2018
July 30 American Express Co raised currency conversion rates for business clients without notifying its customers in an attempt to boost revenue and employee commission, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sided with American Express Co and against 11 states, ruling that the company's policy of forbidding merchants from encouraging customers to use rival credit cards with lower fees does not violate federal antitrust law.
* American Express shares gain; rivals Visa, Mastercard drop (Adds comments by American Express, updates share prices)
* AMERICAN EXPRESS CO FILES FOR POTENTIAL NOTES AND FLOATING NOTES DUE 2021, SIZE NOT DISCLOSED - SEC FILING Source: (https://bit.ly/2GfoApF) Further company coverage:
* SETS REGULAR QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $0.35PER SHARE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Credit card issuer American Express Co easily topped Wall Street targets for quarterly profit as record investments in card rewards and a strengthening U.S. economy contributed to higher customer spending.
April 18 Credit card issuer American Express Co easily topped Wall Street targets for quarterly profit as record investments in card rewards and a strengthening U.S. economy contributed to higher customer spending.
* QUARTERLY CONSOLIDATED EXPENSES WERE $6.9 BILLION, UP 9 PERCENT FROM $6.3 BILLION A YEAR AGO
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $1.71, REVENUE VIEW $9.46 BILLION -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S Further company coverage:
* AMERICAN EXPRESS - PRELIMINARY USCS CARD MEMBER LOANS 30 DAYS PAST DUE LOANS AS A % OF TOTAL 1.4 PERCENT AT MARCH END VERSUS 1.4 PERCENT AT FEB