AstraZeneca PLC (AZN.L)
19 Nov 2018
Fri, Nov 16 2018
AstraZeneca said on Friday its immunotherapy drug Imfinzi did not meet the main goal of improving survival rates for patients with the most advanced form of lung cancer, putting pressure on its shares.
* Study looked at treatment of most advanced lung cancer (Adds details, share movement)
Nov 16 AstraZeneca's combination of two immunotherapy drugs did not meet the main goal in a closely watched late stage study, the company said on Friday.
LONDON AstraZeneca has taken another step to refocus on priority drugs by selling U.S. rights to a treatment for infant lung infections to Swedish Orphan Biovitrum for an upfront fee of $1.5 billion.
* AstraZeneca gets 8 pct stake in Swedish drugmaker (Adds Sobi CEO comment and shares)
LONDON, Nov 13 AstraZeneca took another step to refocus its portfolio on priority projects on Tuesday by selling U.S. rights to a treatment for a serious infant lung infection to Swedish Orphan Biovitrum for an upfront fee of $1.5 billion.
The biggest clinical trial so far to assess a new class of diabetes pills shows that AstraZeneca's Farxiga can prevent heart failure and cut the risk of kidney problems in a broad range of patients.
Nov 10 The biggest clinical trial so far to assess a new class of diabetes pills shows that AstraZeneca's Farxiga can prevent heart failure and cut the risk of kidney problems in a broad range of patients.
MILAN A strong update by heavyweight drugmaker AstraZeneca lifted Britain's benchmark index above European peers on Thursday as a global rally that followed the midterm U.S. elections faded.
LONDON Strong demand for AstraZeneca's new drugs -- especially those for cancer -- drove a return to sales growth in the third quarter and the drugmaker said it anticipated years of sustained improvement and rising profit margins.
- What does AstraZeneca plc's deal with Pfizer mean for shareholders?
- Is Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc the best FTSE 100 healthcare stock to own after today’s update?
- 3 stocks to help you retire early
- Is it time to take profits on GlaxoSmithKline plc and AstraZeneca plc?
- These FTSE 100 stars have exploded in Q3! And they're not finished yet
- Why now is the perfect time to buy these 3 super income stocks