Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA.MC)
18 Oct 2018
Wed, Sep 26 2018
* Wants to end year with more than 27 million digital clients (Adds details on the bank's digital transformation)
MADRID, Sept 12 Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA is planning to lay off 984 workers in Mexico in 2018, a spokeswoman for the bank said on Wednesday.
* Most relevant exposure is to the energy sector (Adds details on provisions and analysts' quote)
MADRID Spain's BBVA posted solid second-quarter earnings on Friday as an upbeat performance in its main market Mexico offset lean business in Turkey that prompted the chief executive to call for tighter monetary and fiscal policy in the country.
* CEO calls for tighter fiscal and monetary policy in Turkey (Adds comments from conference call)
MADRID, July 27 Spain's BBVA said on Friday its second-quarter net profit rose 18.3 percent against the same period last year as a solid underlying performance in Mexico and Turkey offset currency depreciation.
MADRID, June 18 Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA on Monday said it had agreed to sell a property loan portfolio in Spain with a gross value of 1 billion euros ($1.16 billion) as it further reduces its non-performing assets from its balance sheet.
LONDON Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) said on Thursday it has issued a 1 billion euro (881 million pounds) green bond, the largest ever by a Eurozone financial institution.
* Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) said on Thursday it has issued a 1 billion euro green bond, the largest ever by a Eurozone financial institution
* Lending under pressure but bad loans improve (Adds detail, shares)