Debenhams PLC (DEB.L)
23 Jan 2018
Thu, Jan 4 2018
LONDON, Jan 4 A rise in oil majors helped pushed the UK's top share index to an all-time high on Thursday but below the level enjoyed by its European peers, as retailers hurt after a Debenhams profit warning and house prices weighed on the real estate sector.
LONDON Department store group Debenhams slashed its annual profit forecast on Thursday after it was forced to cut prices to drive sales of Christmas gifts, illustrating the challenges facing some of Britain's best known retailers.
* Muddies picture for retailers after Next shines (Adds CEO comments, further reaction)
LONDON, Jan 4 A rally in oil majors pushed the UK's top share index to an all-time high on Thursday, though elsewhere retailers were under pressure after a profit warning from Debenhams.
LONDON, Jan 4 British retailer Debenhams plc downgraded its profit forecast on Thursday after disappointing trading in the autumn and a poor start to its post-Christmas sale.
LONDON Customers at UK department store Debenhams will be able to exercise as well as shop and eat next year when the struggling chain opens gyms in its shops.
LONDON, Oct 26 Customers at UK department store Debenhams will be able to exercise as well as shop and eat next year when the struggling chain opens gyms in its shops.
LONDON, Oct 26 British department store chain Debenhams reported a 17 percent fall in profit on Thursday in what it said was a volatile trading environment on the high street.
* SUZANNE HARLOW, GROUP TRADING DIRECTOR, WILL STEP DOWN FROM BOARD AND INTENDS TO EXPLORE NEW OPPORTUNITIES ELSEWHERE
- Gold, silver and bronze medals to my top 3 British retailers!
- Is Debenhams plc doomed due to Asos plc, Marks & Spencer Group plc and Next plc?
- 3 bargain basement stocks: Tullow Oil plc, Debenhams plc and Shire plc
- Why Tesco plc, Debenhams plc and Just Eat plc have 25%+ upside
- Are Vodafone Group plc, Debenhams plc and Admiral Group plc the best dividend stocks EVER?
- Does today's news make Debenhams plc, Pets at Home Group plc and Imagination Technologies Group plc a buy?