Dollar General Corp (DG.N)
20 Mar 2018
Thu, Mar 15 2018
Dollar General Inc reported strong quarterly same-store sales and gave an upbeat profit forecast for 2018, suggesting that efforts to stock a wider variety of products and remodel stores were paying off.
* Shares up more than 5 percent (Adds CEO and analyst quotes, updates stock price)
* DOLLAR GENERAL REPORTS FOURTH QUARTER AND FISCAL YEAR 2017 FINANCIAL RESULTS; COMPANY PROVIDES FINANCIAL GUIDANCE FOR FISCAL YEAR 2018
March 15 Dollar General Inc's fourth-quarter comparable store sales beat Wall Street estimates on Thursday, as customers spent more at its stores.
* DOLLAR GENERAL ANNOUNCES PAID PARENTAL LEAVE AND ADOPTION ASSISTANCE BENEFIT
* DOLLAR GENERAL APPOINTS TWO NEW MEMBERS TO ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
* DOLLAR GENERAL ANNOUNCES PLANS TO BUILD NEW DISTRIBUTION CENTER AND CREATE APPROXIMATELY 400 NEW JOBS IN LONGVIEW, TEXAS
BRIEF-Dollar General- Anticipate 75% Of U.S. Population Will Be Within 5 Miles Of A Dollar General By FY2017 End
* ON CONF CALL - OUR STORES HAVE AN AVERAGE BASKET OF ABOUT 5 ITEMS AND AN AVERAGE TICKET OF ABOUT $12
Dollar General Corp on Thursday reported better-than-expected same-store sales and profit for the third quarter, as hurricanes led to more traffic and higher spending at its stores. | Video
Dec 7 Dollar General Corp on Thursday reported better-than-expected same-store sales and profit for the third quarter, as hurricanes led to more traffic and higher spending at its stores.