Diageo PLC (DGE.L)
22 Feb 2018
LONDON Sales driven by increased spending on marketing helped Diageo , the world's largest spirits company, to report better-than-expected first-half results.
* Shares up slightly in morning trading (Adds details on forex, tax, share activity, bullet points)
LONDON, Jan 25 Diageo, the world's largest spirits company, reported a 1.7 percent increase in half-year sales on Thursday, as growth was curbed by foreign exchange rates and issues including a later Chinese New Year and a ban on selling alcohol near Indian highways.
EDINBURGH/LONDON Diageo said Brexit could cost it tens of millions of pounds if Britain did not replicate the EU's trade deals with other countries for Scotch whisky and keep an open border in Ireland, where it makes Guinness stout and Baileys liqueur.
EDINBURGH/LONDON, Dec 13 Diageo said Brexit could cost it tens of millions of pounds if Britain did not replicate the EU's trade deals with other countries for Scotch whisky and keep an open border in Ireland, where it makes Guinness stout and Baileys liqueur.
* LAUNCHES AND PRICES 0.000% 3 YEAR AND 0.500% LONG 6 YEAR FIXED RATE EURO DENOMINATED BONDS
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) MOSCOW/LONDON, October 23 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Diageo plc's Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) and senior unsecured rating at 'A-'/'F2' and its Short-Term IDR at 'F2'. The Outlook is Stable. Fitch also affirmed the senior unsecured ratings on Diageo's subsidiaries, Diageo Finance BV, Diageo Finance plc, Diageo Capital plc and Diageo Investment Corporation, at 'A-'/'F2'. The rating affirmation reflects Diageo's improved
* PORT ELLEN AND BRORA WILL BE BROUGHT BACK INTO PRODUCTION THROUGH A £35 MILLION INVESTMENT BY DIAGEO
Diageo , the maker of Johnnie Walker whisky and Smirnoff vodka, forecast stronger sales and profit growth in the second half of its financial year after a first half affected by negative factors in China and India and higher spending.
- Why I would sell Lloyds Banking Group plc to buy Diageo plc
- HSBC Holdings plc vs National Grid plc vs Diageo plc: which is the better FTSE 100 income stock?
- Why I’m waiting for a pullback on these three core holdings
- Are these 3 shares simply the best Brexit buys after today's results?
- Forget your cash ISA with these dividend darlings!
- Can referendum winners Diageo plc (+14%), Anglo American plc (+17%) and Fresnillo plc (+53%) keep surging?