Electricite de France SA (EDF.PA)
Wed, Apr 11 2018
PARIS French state-controlled utility EDF will have to inspect more weldings at the nuclear plant it is building in Flamanville, France after flaws were discovered in the weldings of the reactor's secondary circuit, nuclear regulator ASN said.
* EDF CEO LEVY TELLS PARLIAMENT EDF WILL PROBABLY SELL MORE THAN THE 10 BILLION euros PLANNED IN ASSET SALE PROGRAMME BY 2020
* EDF review of weldings to be complete by end of May (Adds comments from EDF executives)
PARIS, April 10 French state-controlled utility EDF on Tuesday no longer ruled out that problems with weldings at the nuclear reactor under construction in Flamanville may impact the cost and start-up schedule of the reactor.
* Consumer group calls for investigation, more regulation (Adds comments from press briefing)
PARIS French consumers group UFC Que Choisir said the virtual monopoly on electricity generation in France held by the country's state-owned utility EDF leads to higher prices, and it called for tighter regulation.
BRIEF-GE And Edison Group Sign Agreement To Optimize Power Plant Fleet Infrastructure At Candela Power Plant
* GE AND EDISON/EDF GROUP SIGN AGREEMENT TO OPTIMIZE POWER PLANT FLEET INFRASTRUCTURE AT ITALY’S CANDELA POWER PLANT Source text: (http://bit.ly/2q6cXvb) Further company coverage:
PARIS French state-owned utility EDF plans to invest eight billion euros (7 billion pounds) between 2018 and 2035 to become a European market leader in electricity storage.
PARIS French construction group Bouygues signed a 1.5 billion euro ($1.86 billion) contract to finance, build and operate a metro line in the Vietnamese city of Hanoi, the French presidency said on Tuesday.
* ANADARKO ANNOUNCES MOZAMBIQUE LNG SALE AND PURCHASE AGREEMENT